nightsurge said:
Blue3 said:
kowenicki said:
Blue3 said:
kowenicki said:
Blue3 said:

Better then GT5p check.

Better then its competitiors check.

Iv yet to play on half the track, ill see if some are better then others.   But right now i see liitle to complain about, then again im judging form playing the game not going out of my way to find a fault. 

Played Forza to death then have you?  I have played both and there is nothing in it, there really isnt.

Nothing what ?

From a racing perspective GT5 kills forza bud, though yes sure from a oh looks its pretty Forza is close to it.  To me Forza is for ricers types, GT is for automotive enthusiasts. 

Its incredable that GT5 can make me feel simlar vibes that i feel when screwing around in my car in a empty wet parking lot. 

arrogant much?

what makes you think I am not an automotive enthusiast... list the cars you've owned.. then I will list mine... 

sensetive much.

Forza lovers love their big wings body kits and custom graphins, to Gt fans and automotive enthusiast that is useless and pointless. 

You can own a Ferrari and rice it out.  Car you own means nothing, what you do with it means everything. 

So now you are trying to generalize the term automotive enthusiast to mean just people who only care about the engine/gears/suspension/etc?

Poor thing.

The fact is, though, that GT5 was touted to be better than Forza 3 in graphics by a wide margin, which it simply isn't.  In fact it is downright uglier than Forza 3 in quite a few spots because at least Forza's level of graphics is pretty consistant throughout.  I'd rather have consistant quality over the quantity that GT5 has.

Other things, such as customization, damage, physics, sound, environments, are all better on Forza 3...  Quantity and the ability to look like real life was basically GT5's only trump card and it just didn't hold up to expectations it seems.

As a driving sim, however, it's touted as the best there is (which was really  it's main objective). Looking pretty and sounding the best should all be bonuses (which from what I gather, the sound problems are mainly tailored to the soundtrack). I admit Sony ran their mouths a bit too much and made some poor business decisions, but Forza 3 didn't have has many nitpickers and doesn't have the hype/legacy of Gran Turismo, thus GT will be scrutinized far more (think Halo vs Killzone).

Let's also remember that Forza 3 has far less going on, isn't in 1080p, and doesn't offer the same amount of content. I'd personally take the total meal over the appetizer if they are as comparable as Forza and GT are (and this isn't to slight it).

Yeah, I don't see how that could possibly be taken as a slight at all. /sarcasm

I hit level 50 in FM3 and have put at least 40 hours in it and have probably only done like 30% of the events. Deeming it an "appetizer" in any way is nothing short of ridiculous.

Of course you'd take anything that is even a tad against anything 360 as a way to attack it. You missed the point entirely.

The fact that it's on the 360 is irrelevant. I've played FM3 quite extensively and calling it that is an attempt to diminish what it is, especially considering it has more tracks, locations, and fully modelled cars than GT5 does. Now, go ahead and explain that comparison.

does forza3 have a track editor? /scratchs head

don't even know what you mean by fully modeled cars, you will need to explain that one.

GT5 has 200 'premium' cars, which have detailed car models, interiors, and the ability to modify the cars. The rest are 'standard' and have lower detail models (most of them being the same model as gt4), they lack interiors, damage and the ability to modify/upgrade them.

Sorry, Can I correct you there, you can upgrade the standard cars. The upgrades affect the performance of the car as well.

that why you don't bother with ppl who acts like they know every thing about the game but hasn't even played it.

BTW Standard cars have damage.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
pariz said:

I was under the impression that its graphics were nothing to write home about through trailers. Some people are saying this over and over again, but i'll know when I have my copy, sometime in the near future.

I can tell you that I have more than enough graphic wise playing Dirt 2 with my  AMD Athon II X4 635 Processor and my ATI Radeon HD 5750 (pretty good but nothing to expensive, just average these days).

That's how far PC graphics are compared to consoles sadly.

For ps3/x360 GT5 looks great, for pc standard hmm it barely keeps it own.

We should stop comparing Console games to PC games graphic wise. The last game that truly was able to compete with PC on some level was Uncharted 2. PCs nowadays are one generation ahead. 4gig ram I5 and a 200 Euro graphics card beats consoles already by a lot. 

A good PC has 10times the power of an HD Console. PC graphics are slowly becoming better and better and the flaws of Consoles are more and more obvious and the later a game comes in a console life cycle the uglier it seems because pc graphics get better and better with time .

TBH PS3 and Xbox360 games are all ugly really ugly to what a good PC has to offer. And the better PC gets the uglier HD Console games are. Uncharted 3 KZ 3 Infamous 2 will be most whats possible on PS3 and the Box already reached its climax for quite a while now.

PS3 starts to get ugly and if consoles wouldnt be so huge then there would already be Pc games which would be technically impossible on consoles and engines which would need more power then a console can deliever.

If we look at GT5 as a Console game it is the prettiest Racing game and on par with Forza 3, sometimes its prettier sometimes its uglier. But GT is all about Gameplay anyway which imo is superior. I am not so into Racer but GT always sucks me in like no other Racer.

I prefer 5 years development real driving than just graphics.

By the comments here I will love it.

ethomaz said:

If you want driving, you've come to the right place.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

ethomaz said:

Some artifacting on shadows and minor glitches and downright ugly trees are there. The cars and tracks themselves look absolutely sensational and the driving itself is unprecedented. It shits all over the other GT games in terms of fun and I should know, having spent 1000 hours in GT4.

Around the Network
sieanr said:

There are several racing sims on PC that are far better simulators then GT5. And I'm not talking about a slightly better physics engine, but a physic engine that simulates the cars frame, the effect of torque on the drive shaft, tyre deformation, ect. GT5 may be the most realistic on consoles (Forza is close if not better), but the most realistic racing sim ever? Not by a long shot.

Ok stop right there. You haven't played the game so please silence yourself. Everything you post is either false evidence to your claims and is irrelevant because you're constantly changing your argument. If you actually played the game I would hold your words to some credibility to your claims. Do you get off by making post like this? lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
sieanr said:

There are several racing sims on PC that are far better simulators then GT5. And I'm not talking about a slightly better physics engine, but a physic engine that simulates the cars frame, the effect of torque on the drive shaft, tyre deformation, ect. GT5 may be the most realistic on consoles (Forza is close if not better), but the most realistic racing sim ever? Not by a long shot.

Ok stop right there. You haven't played the game so please silence yourself. Everything you post is either false evidence to your claims and is irrelevant because you're constantly changing your argument. If you actually played the game I would hold your words to some credibility to your claims. Do you get off by making post like this? lol

I agree.....

secondly... name the simulator that is "far better"...

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Blue3 said:
kowenicki said:
Blue3 said:
kowenicki said:
Blue3 said:

Better then GT5p check.

Better then its competitiors check.

Iv yet to play on half the track, ill see if some are better then others.   But right now i see liitle to complain about, then again im judging form playing the game not going out of my way to find a fault. 

Played Forza to death then have you?  I have played both and there is nothing in it, there really isnt.

Nothing what ?

From a racing perspective GT5 kills forza bud, though yes sure from a oh looks its pretty Forza is close to it.  To me Forza is for ricers types, GT is for automotive enthusiasts. 

Its incredable that GT5 can make me feel simlar vibes that i feel when screwing around in my car in a empty wet parking lot. 

arrogant much?

what makes you think I am not an automotive enthusiast... list the cars you've owned.. then I will list mine... 

sensetive much.

Forza lovers love their big wings body kits and custom graphins, to Gt fans and automotive enthusiast that is useless and pointless. 

You can own a Ferrari and rice it out.  Car you own means nothing, what you do with it means everything. 

Obviously someone here has never played Forza Motorsport 2 or 3 (Never played the first myself) and used the tuning and upgrade options. I'm sure many real "Automotive Enthusiasts" would like all options of customisation available to them, inside and outside of their vehicle.

You'll find most of my vehicles in Forza the default colour scheme  with no  added body kit unless it's the specific Forza Motorsport Racing body kit for the added handling.

Mummelmann said:
ethomaz said:

Some artifacting on shadows and minor glitches and downright ugly trees are there. The cars and tracks themselves look absolutely sensational and the driving itself is unprecedented. It shits all over the other GT games in terms of fun and I should know, having spent 1000 hours in GT4.

this x1000.

GT5 does have some inconsistencies in the graphical department, but nothing that detracts from the overall experience of the game.
When you're driving down the Mulsanne straight at over 300 km/h, with the full FFB of your wheel (if you have one) kicking in at every bump and feeling th e insane sense of speed, you don't have time to notice those inconsistencies.

I also agree with you in the sheer amount of content and fun. Heck, it took me almost an hour and a half after installing and starting the game to actually go and start the licenses,  between looking at the events, the museum (which is an epic addition), the photo mode, course maker and many other things. It's an amazing package indeed.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

quick question where is the top gear test track? do you have to get to a certain level or something to unlock it?