By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

My team doesn't actually have a grass or fire-type move :S

I'm not sure where to fit one in

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:

My team doesn't actually have a grass or fire-type move :S

I'm not sure where to fit one in

I would recommend Litwick --> Lampert ---> Chandelure as a Fire Type. Not only is it a ghost type as well, it's also the pokemon with the highest Sp.Atk value, outside any legendary pokemon, at 145 Base Stat. 

For Grass, I didn't had one on my team as well. Most of the weaknesses against grass are covered well by the water pokemon in game. The only real time you'll need a grass pokemon is against a Seismitoad, given that they're immune to thunder type attacks, and there aren't that many fights against those.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Okay, so I got Pokemon White on Wednesday. I was forced to have Tepig as my starter ;-;

Just beat the 4th Gym and seen 49 Pokemon.

My current team is as follows...

Pignite -  Lv. 29

Simisage - Lv. 26

Palpitoad - Lv. 30

Solosis - Lv. 25

ElectricZebra thingy that my gf nicknamed Sparky ¬_¬ Lv. 24

Throh - Lv.18 (Strength)

Thought I'd share this here, and get an easy post onto my post count.

Carl2291 said:

Okay, so I got Pokemon White on Wednesday. I was forced to have Tepig as my starter ;-;

Just beat the 4th Gym and seen 49 Pokemon.

My current team is as follows...

Pignite -  Lv. 29

Simisage - Lv. 26

Palpitoad - Lv. 30

Solosis - Lv. 25

ElectricZebra thingy that my gf nicknamed Sparky ¬_¬ Lv. 24

Throh - Lv.18 (Strength)

Thought I'd share this here, and get an easy post onto my post count.

That's a good team, though I would recommend Sawk instead of Throh, though it is very, very hard to capture it on White. Took me two hours to find one, since it has only 5% chance of appearing on a Shaking grass outside Pinwheel forest.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

That's a good team, though I would recommend Sawk instead of Throh, though it is very, very hard to capture it on White. Took me two hours to find one, since it has only 5% chance of appearing on a Shaking grass outside Pinwheel forest.

I only have Throh on my team for Strength. I will 100% be replacing it before I reach the Elite 4... Dunno what with though yet, same goes for ElectroZeb. I want that Eel-like Electric Pokemon

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
lestatdark said:

I only have Throh on my team for Strength. I will 100% be replacing it before I reach the Elite 4... Dunno what with though yet, same goes for ElectroZeb. I want that Eel-like Electric Pokemon

Eelektross is the best Electric type in the new games (probably one of the best pure Electric type of all pokemon as well), so that's a good pick

Current PC Build

I had forgotten that Pignite *is* part fighting type, so i'm going to be great for the 2nd gym.

Purrloin is going to be useless through most of this, though, as it can't learn Rock Smash. It had a helluva time with an Audino (not an issue of getting damage, but giving it), though the Audino gave it an entire level on its own

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I had forgotten that Pignite *is* part fighting type, so i'm going to be great for the 2nd gym.

Purrloin is going to be useless through most of this, though, as it can't learn Rock Smash. It had a helluva time with an Audino (not an issue of getting damage, but giving it), though the Audino gave it an entire level on its own

Purrloin and it's evolution, Liepard, are one of the worst pokemon in the new games, but given how often trainers like to use them, they're like the Zubat of this generation.

For a really good Dark type pokemon, I would recommend Sandile, though the best pick would be Zorua and Zoroark if you have the Shiny legendary dogs from HG/SS.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

Purrloin and it's evolution, Liepard, are one of the worst pokemon in the new games, but given how often trainers like to use them, they're like the Zubat of this generation.

For a really good Dark type pokemon, I would recommend Sandile, though the best pick would be Zorua and Zoroark if you have the Shiny legendary dogs from HG/SS.

I planned on picking up Sandile eventually more for the Ground type, but i suppose even having it would make Purrloin redundant. Perhaps that Dark/Fighting i saw further down...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

I planned on picking up Sandile eventually more for the Ground type, but i suppose even having it would make Purrloin redundant. Perhaps that Dark/Fighting i saw further down...

Scraggy? Only if you want a defensive type, since it's offensive is low. Sandile and Scraggy work in oposite ways, as Sandile's final evolution, Krookodile, is a attacking powerhouse (it even learns Outrage) and Scraggy's final evolution, Scrafty, has amazing defense and Sp.Def, average attack and crappy sp.atk. 

Current PC Build