By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Palpitoad's pretty good imo - grass isn't a type that appears very often (I think?)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:

Palpitoad's pretty good imo - grass isn't a type that appears very often (I think?)

I decided to use Serperior but also Virizion.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

I have a problem all my Pokemon in my current team are over level 40 apart from Palpitoad, should I change my team for a more suitable water type?

Palpitoad's final evolution, Seismitoad, is one of the best new water types that you can use on black/white. Not only does it have a very high HP value, it has balanced stats as well.

It's extremely weak to Grass though, given it's Water/Ground pairing, so pokemon like Leavanny, Simisage or Serperior can destroy it in one hit. The other water options that you have aren't much better, maybe except for Basculin, if you want a hard hitter Water type, but with worst defensive stats than Seismitoad.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

radishhead said:

There have been many in previous generations though.

radishhead said:

i thought the early part of the game was rampant with grass types (especially around pinwheel forest), but not so much as the game progresses

(probably because my team wasn't so good against grass, so they kept throwing them at me)

Around the Network
DrZoidberg said:
radishhead said:

i thought the early part of the game was rampant with grass types (especially around pinwheel forest), but not so much as the game progresses

(probably because my team wasn't so good against grass, so they kept throwing them at me)

Well in the post game battles, like Morimoto, Bianca and many of the Nimbasa Dome trainers like to use Simisage a lot. Also, I've seen Gothitelle's using Energy Ball as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

When I saw a chess Pokemon I was ecstatic! I knew Pawniard would evolve into a Bishop like Pokemon.

sigh went yesterday to buy black and white but i coudnt find it. i have two options or i wait for viring to get it which will take time considering they get ps3 games 1,2,3 weeks late(they represent the bulk of their software sales) so im expecting around a month for bw. unless i get the pirated copy. 

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Pretty sure everything i have can learn Rock Smash, which'll make it fun conquering the Normal Gym.

But i still have to punt my whole team about 5-6 levels each to get there...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Pretty sure everything i have can learn Rock Smash, which'll make it fun conquering the Normal Gym.

But i still have to punt my whole team about 5-6 levels each to get there...

Trust me, you'll want a Fightning type to get advantage of the STAB. 

The Normal gym is harder than you think, for such an early stage gym.

Current PC Build