Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

My new team (once trained up) will look like this:

Samurott

Reshiram

Galvantula

Scrafty

Chandelure

Reuniclus

Training Reshiram seems to be really difficult though :( I don'tn normally bother training legendaries for this reason xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
LOVEoo said:

Do all of you really use WEP? I'm running a WPA2 connection and really won't wanna switch...

I've never seen the need for anything higher unless you're running a large network in a public place (like my university does), and there are other methods for securing networks against access (though not securing the signals themselves against snooping)

The only pain with WEP comes with memorizing the arbitrary key

Thats the problem. I like having my own password with WPA2. I don't want to a use a 20 letter code. I remember the restrictions being stupid too like A-F or something for making your own password.

LOVEoo said:
Mr Khan said:
LOVEoo said:

Do all of you really use WEP? I'm running a WPA2 connection and really won't wanna switch...

I've never seen the need for anything higher unless you're running a large network in a public place (like my university does), and there are other methods for securing networks against access (though not securing the signals themselves against snooping)

Thats the problem. I like having my own password with WPA2. I don't want to a use a 20 letter code. I remember the restrictions being stupid too like A-F or something for making your own password.

Even then, how many devices would you have to reprogram? You only have to enter it once

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Does anyone notice the large amount of Hoenn references in this game? Well, three things (two of them are in pairs). There's a guy in the Resort Desert from Hoenn and he's wearing the Go-Goggles. The second and third things are in a pair. There's a guy on one of the routes in post-Elite Four who gives you a random item (Magmarizer, Electrilizer, Dubious Disc, etc.) a day, but the weird thing is that he gives you Shoal Salt and a Shoal Shell. These two items DO NOT have any uses in the games other than to be sold back for money, so why are they even in the game for?? Hoenn remakes...

lestatdark said:

Weavile would be easy prey to any resistant attacker. My Haxorus, even considering it's weakness against Ice, and no STAB for Fighting, could easily OHKO it with Brick Break. That's because at level 71, he has 300 attack already. 

Tyranitar seems like a good choice, but I would really recommend a defensive power house like Umbreon. You can use it as sponge, and with moves like Double Team and Flash, you can render any attacker useless as well.

Well that's the thing about Weavile, it's not meant to take any attack. It's paper thin defenses and 120/125 Attack/Speed distribution means one thing: Revenge killer. When Weavile does hit something, it's going to hit fast, and it's going to hit hard. I'm not really looking for anything else from her. Spiritomb and Drapion were EV trained to get the most out of their defenses.

And the Double Team/Flash combo is just mean. No wonder things like that were banned from Smogon.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

Weavile would be easy prey to any resistant attacker. My Haxorus, even considering it's weakness against Ice, and no STAB for Fighting, could easily OHKO it with Brick Break. That's because at level 71, he has 300 attack already. 

Tyranitar seems like a good choice, but I would really recommend a defensive power house like Umbreon. You can use it as sponge, and with moves like Double Team and Flash, you can render any attacker useless as well.

Well that's the thing about Weavile, it's not meant to take any attack. It's paper thin defenses and 120/125 Attack/Speed distribution means one thing: Revenge killer. When Weavile does hit something, it's going to hit fast, and it's going to hit hard. I'm not really looking for anything else from her. Spiritomb and Drapion were EV trained to get the most out of their defenses.

And the Double Team/Flash combo is just mean. No wonder things like that were banned from Smogon.

Revenge killer does sound nice, though for that job you'll probably end up relying a lot on Night Slash right? Night Slash effectivness depends a lot on whether the Critical hits or not. And Weavile speed can be countered with a Quick Claw, though it isn't the most reliable of techniques. I myself never liked nor used Weavile, mostly because I always found them easy to be countered and killed.

Now Spiritomb, that's a huge obstacle. Thankfully I maxed Haxorus Attack EV's and with his Adamant nature, there isn't much that can resist his Outrage attack, even with high defenses. Fighting on the Battle Subway, a level 50 Steelix gets cut down to 1/2 of his HP with a single Outrage hit, and that's being not effective. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Naraku_Diabolos said:

Does anyone notice the large amount of Hoenn references in this game? Well, three things (two of them are in pairs). There's a guy in the Resort Desert from Hoenn and he's wearing the Go-Goggles. The second and third things are in a pair. There's a guy on one of the routes in post-Elite Four who gives you a random item (Magmarizer, Electrilizer, Dubious Disc, etc.) a day, but the weird thing is that he gives you Shoal Salt and a Shoal Shell. These two items DO NOT have any uses in the games other than to be sold back for money, so why are they even in the game for?? Hoenn remakes...

yup. and they put dive in the game as well as the current (Just like hoen). i hope a remake is on its way

That Retaliate on Lenora's Watchog is a nasty piece of work, took 3/4 off my Pignite straight off, but a three-hit Arm Thrust handily crushed it.

Easy leader even with my STAB-less Pansage against her Herdier

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
LOVEoo said:
Mr Khan said:
LOVEoo said:

Even then, how many devices would you have to reprogram? You only have to enter it once

Quite a few actually. Wii,Zune,Mac,Laptop,3 different phones not to mention whenever a friend brings thier laptop or phone.

LOVEoo said:

Combining WEP with MAC works. 2 Weak walls makes 1 strong wall :)