By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Galaki said:
LOVEoo said:

Combining WEP with MAC works. 2 Weak walls makes 1 strong wall :)

huh?

Around the Network
LOVEoo said:
Galaki said:
LOVEoo said:

huh?

For wireless connection at home.

Galaki said:
LOVEoo said:
Galaki said:
LOVEoo said:

huh?

For wireless connection at home.

I'm still confused. >_<

What do you mean 2 weak walla make 1 strong wall? And how does a strong wall err help my issue with a 20 digit code. >_>

WEP2 may not work on all devices but WEP should. WEP is weaker security than WEP2, of course.

MAC filter also work on all devices.

You can use MAC filtering with WEP password to strengthen your home wireless network and have no worries for incompatibility of (usually older) devices.

Mr Khan said:

That Retaliate on Lenora's Watchog is a nasty piece of work, took 3/4 off my Pignite straight off, but a three-hit Arm Thrust handily crushed it.

Easy leader even with my STAB-less Pansage against her Herdier

Let me guess, her Herdier wasted turns doing Work Up while you whitled down it's health?

Herdier depends on a lot of luck. He almost killed my Sawk with one Critical Take Down when I fought him.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

That Retaliate on Lenora's Watchog is a nasty piece of work, took 3/4 off my Pignite straight off, but a three-hit Arm Thrust handily crushed it.

Easy leader even with my STAB-less Pansage against her Herdier

Let me guess, her Herdier wasted turns doing Work Up while you whitled down it's health?

Herdier depends on a lot of luck. He almost killed my Sawk with one Critical Take Down when I fought him.

Wasted turns on Leer actually. Tactics befitting a wild Pokemon <_> (though if it had been able to get a hit in, it would have hurt all the more)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The hardest time I had with a Gym Leader was the 3rd leader (Castelia City), who has bug Pokemon. It was that darn Leavanny of his (Bug/Grass) that tore through my entire team. Doesn't help that my team was Dewott, Zorua, Drilbur and Cottonee... who were all weak against his attacks.

After my humbling battle, all it took was a Darumaka's Fire Punch to bring him down though.

Smeags said:

The hardest time I had with a Gym Leader was the 3rd leader (Castelia City), who has bug Pokemon. It was that darn Leavanny of his (Bug/Grass) that tore through my entire team. Doesn't help that my team was Dewott, Zorua, and Cottonee... who were all weak against his attacks.

After my humbling battle, all it took was a Darumaka's Fire Punch to bring him down though.

Meh, Tranquill's Air Cutter = total bug destruction  

My hardest gym battle, probably was against Elesa on Nimbasa City gym. Ground pokemon were completely useless against her annoying Volt Switch spammer Emolgas, and since my team was underlevelled, they completely tore through my team with that strategy, except for Drilbur, which a critical hit from Zebstrika's Quick Attack OHKO'd it ._.

Got fed up, levelled my team, and destroyed her Emolgas before they had a chance to do anything XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Galaki said:

WEP2 may not work on all devices but WEP should. WEP is weaker security than WEP2, of course.

MAC filter also work on all devices.

You can use MAC filtering with WEP password to strengthen your home wireless network and have no worries for incompatibility of (usually older) devices.

Ah. Well it's not security Im worried about as I said before. It's just that 20 character code I don't wanna use.

So I took out that second post in the OT (the one with all the characters of the game... and all their broken images haha) in favor of a "StrategyDex" to give everyone shortcuts to popular Pokemon topics like the complete Pokedex, competivie battling strategies, and other goodies. I hope you all use it, 'cause I know I will be. ^_^

Also, I'm trying to get something started that would be awesome for the Pokemon community here on VGC. Should be fun.

Oh, and if you haven't already, please give out your game name and your Friend Code so I can add it to the UserDex. The more the merrier. ^_^