By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Question for you guys: Are those different Stat Feathers actually viable for EV training, or are they like Carbs/Zinc/ect that just ruin everything and only give tiny boosts?

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Question for you guys: Are those different Stat Feathers actually viable for EV training, or are they like Carbs/Zinc/ect that just ruin everything and only give tiny boosts?

They work exactly the same as their Vitamins counterparts, the only difference is that they're for free

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Smeags said:

They work exactly the same as their Vitamins counterparts, the only difference is that they're for free

So they're worthless if you want to do some EV training eh?

Dang...

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:
Smeags said:

So they're worthless if you want to do some EV training eh?

Dang...

Yeah  

For EV training I'll just use lower level enemies. But for now, I'm focused on finishing Black as well, so I can send Reshiram and Tornadus to White

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I just found this and it made me laugh. Oh Pokemon, the suspension of disbelief keeps going strong.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

I will just say this:

Nothing, in the pokemon world, has come close to the epicness of the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram. Today is the day I pity the lack of multi saves for pokemon games, since I don't want to overwrite the one before that fight

Oh you tease

Just in the 5th gym. All level 32s, got Pignite, Excadrill, that turtle thingy, Sawk, Unphezant ,and Zebrstrika (I think )

Really enjoying it so far, I'm going slower now because I think I'm near the end...

Can someone who's finished it tell me about post-game content?

Well, you've got:

- The Six Sages hunt (which I'm currently doing)
- Access to the Poke Transfer lab, to bring previous gen pokemons to Black/White
- Access to Routes 11-16 (the entire right side of Unova); capturing the rest of the legendaries (Kyurem and Landlos, if you have both Thundurus and Tornadus in your party)
- Access to either Black City or White Forest, depending on your version
- Upgraded Elite Four, with the actual fight against the champion
- Battles against Cynthia and Game Freak Morimoto
- You'll recieve a Super Rod which allows you to finally fish

That's pretty much what I found out so far. I was taken aback when I first set foot in the eastern areas of Unova, because my team was on 50 - 51 in levels, and all trainers have pokemon with levels over 60 >_>.

from what ive read herehttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/legendary.shtml  you can just go and catch kyurem?

their are also those 3 fighting type legendaries.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

I will just say this:

Nothing, in the pokemon world, has come close to the epicness of the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram. Today is the day I pity the lack of multi saves for pokemon games, since I don't want to overwrite the one before that fight

Oh you tease

Just in the 5th gym. All level 32s, got Pignite, Excadrill, that turtle thingy, Sawk, Unphezant ,and Zebrstrika (I think )

Really enjoying it so far, I'm going slower now because I think I'm near the end...

Well, you've got:

- Access to the Poke Transfer lab, to bring previous gen pokemons to Black/White
- Access to Routes 11-16 (the entire right side of Unova); capturing the rest of the legendaries (Kyurem and Landlos, if you have both Thundurus and Tornadus in your party)

That's pretty much what I found out so far. I was taken aback when I first set foot in the eastern areas of Unova, because my team was on 50 - 51 in levels, and all trainers have pokemon with levels over 60 >_>.

from what ive read herehttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/legendary.shtml  you can just go and catch kyurem?

Yeah, once you get access to the Giant Chasm, you can go an d catch him. But that's post-main story content only, since Route 11 is blocked until you beat the game.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

I will just say this:

Oh you tease

Well, you've got:

Yeah, once you get access to the Giant Chasm, you can go an d catch him. But that's post-main story content only, since Route 11 is blocked until you beat the game.

whats wrong with that? beating the game is beating the elite four, or is it catching that black or white legendary?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

What is EV training?

I really want to get white next week but I really want to have a ground, water and grass typed team was wandering out of this generation which are really good picks for that.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

I will just say this:

Oh you tease

Well, you've got:

whats wrong with that? beating the game is beating the elite four, or is it catching that black or white legendary?

The endgame is structured differently on this gen. Once you defeat the Elite Four, you would then fight the champion previously, but now, there's a different outcome after defeating the Elite Four.

It involves catching the Black/White Legendary, which is mandatory.

Current PC Build