By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Reviews: Can They Be Trusted?

fps_d0minat0r said:

the criteria reviews are using is too harsh, maybe because of the long development time.

if we apply the same review framework to other games, they will be lucky to score a 3/10.

for example i read a review which said the damage hardly moves a few polygons.

apply that to call of duty: grenade blows up near wall. wall goes black, no damage what so ever. FAIL

another example, the standard cars dont look great.

apply that to GTA4: pedestrians look fake and ugly. FAIL

another example, there are only 200 premium cars

apply that to most racing games: there are not even 200 cars in total, FAIL

another example, some cars are the same with few changes

apply that to mario, 20% of the game was copy and pasted, 50% had a few changes. FAIL.

its the inconsistency in the review criteria which doesnt make be believe it anymore.

This arguement is just ludicrious. GT5 is suppose to be a racing simulator. The cars especially were hyped to look "better then real life." So yes people should be dissappointed that they only look good. The game claims it has over 1000 cars. When only 200 of them can actually be customized it is dissappointing. Mario Kart isn't about racing and customizing the car of your choice. Its about fun kart racing and if you noticed the most recent one got a 8.2metacritic score. It doesn't seem like the criteria is too harsh. It seems the fanboys want the review sites to be as lenient as possible.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

the criteria reviews are using is too harsh, maybe because of the long development time.

if we apply the same review framework to other games, they will be lucky to score a 3/10.

apply that to call of duty: grenade blows up near wall. wall goes black, no damage what so ever. FAIL

Did the CoD developers hype their environmental destruction?  PD said they weren't going to do damage unless they did it right, by most accounts they didn't quite make it in that regard.  One was touted as a game feature, the other wasn't.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Pedestrians aren't the point of GTA4, cars are kinda the point of GT5.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Forza 3 had over 400 cars all with interior modelling.

fps_d0minat0r said:

apply that to mario, 20% of the game was copy and pasted, 50% had a few changes. FAIL.

its the inconsistency in the review criteria which doesnt make be believe it anymore.

Not sure what that means so no comment.

Please remember this folks..!, GT is biggest franchise in playstation history, just look around you, it's the bestseller everywhere, shopto, amazon etc..etc...(if i'm not wrong), So.., it is a retorical question if you asking how hard the Sony Haters, PlayStation Haters going around spreading shit all over the place just to hurt the sales.., yeah!. they are everywhere..., some of them are well educated, yeah.., like a biased analyst, a group which running a gaming website, a writer who write trash article to bashing hard, ya da ya da..., and some of them are low educated low minded who just trolling everywhere...

p.s : please forgive me if i'm wrong (--_--)

guys, you're going mad over this, there's only 10 reviews and you already are claiming that the game doesn't meet expectations, even when you didn't play it!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

The only way to ascertain this imo, is to look at things like amazon, or hmv. where the people who buy the game give their own opinion. thats how i look at reviews. imo you can always tell how good a game is by looking at the number of amazon reviews. for example Black Opps got around 8s and 9s, but is about 3 stars (so 6/10) on amazon.com.

those types of reviews end up being from hundreds of people. and they speak volumes to me. and i think GT5 will end up being at about 4 - 4.5 stars, which is the same as any triple A game. its a racing game, as long as it does that i dont see what the problem is.

having never played GT before, (but planning to get this one eventually) i think its just personal perference, its being reviewed by people who are really critical of the series because they've played it before. i mean its not like other racing games have any type of real time damage, so its just because its GT imo - its got very high expectations from the gaming press.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
peace_lover said:

Please remember this folks..!, GT is biggest franchise in playstation history, just look around you, it's the bestseller everywhere, shopto, amazon etc..etc...(if i'm not wrong), So.., it is a retorical question if you asking how hard the Sony Haters, PlayStation Haters going around spreading shit all over the place just to hurt the sales.., yeah!. they are everywhere..., some of them are well educated, yeah.., like a biased analyst, a group which running a gaming website, a writer who write trash article to bashing hard, ya da ya da..., and some of them are low educated low minded who just trolling everywhere...

p.s : please forgive me if i'm wrong (--_--)

wrong?  wrong doesnt come into it...... you are just deluded and paranoid. 

oh.., then please forgive me for being deluded and paranoid...

GT5 is a 10/10 game. Simple as that.

fps_d0minat0r said:

applied with your logic. GT5 is a fail because it has cars since all previous GT games have cars too! I'm not sure I understand your logic.

PD promised features that they didn't deliver and people can not complain about it?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Being six years in the making does'nt make it a pefect game.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

FlyingLotus said:

Being six years in the making does'nt make it a pefect game.

It does and Duke Nukem Forever will be the best game ever confirmed!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.