By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ending this year,Starting 08.(PS3)

@Lost

That may be so, but he said only 5% of the ps2 install base about 6.5M are going to go xbox 360.

mM
Around the Network

@Lost tears

& he gets MONEY & gets PAID to go on Gametrailers BOnus round for LYING!

I hate such people!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Patchter is still cool though.

mM
leo-j said:
@Sqrl

You still dont take in the account that the ps3 sales can increase significantly more than your prediction. U.S numbers will increase, and OTHERS numbers were also increase, and Japan numbers should Double.

I also don't take into account the chance of a meteor hitting the earth, but that is probably because there is no supporting trends for it to happen.  If you have a trend you can point to that applies to the situation and supports your position then please show me.  Until then you are just making random predictions without basis.

To Each Man, Responsibility
darthdevidem said:
@Lost tears

& he gets MONEY & gets PAID to go on Gametrailers BOnus round for LYING!

I hate such people!!

not that he lies just pulls numbers out of his arse.

Then again whatever he perceives to be true, is true to him

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

GT5P is being released in Japan. Dont underestimate GT5P. Its the first real proven title to be released in Japan, and if the Wii has proven anything, it has shown that 100,000 in a week is feasible.

70,000 in Japan, 220,000 in Others, 205,000 in America. Thats 500,000 in one week. More than possible. You cant compare it to the 360 because the PS3 has an extra region on its side, Japan. Also, it has better new software than the 360 had at this point to boost sales.

Close enough to 1.4m. And the PS3 is really in a better position to sell well with UT3, Uncharted/Singstar in Europe, GT5P in Japan.

Jandre02 said:
GT5P is being released in Japan. Dont underestimate GT5P. Its the first real proven title to be released in Japan, and if the Wii has proven anything, it has shown that 100,000 in a week is feasible.

70,000 in Japan, 220,000 in Others, 205,000 in America. Thats 500,000 in one week. More than possible. You cant compare it to the 360 because the PS3 has an extra region on its side, Japan. Also, it has better new software than the 360 had at this point to boost sales.

Close enough to 1.4m. And the PS3 is really in a better position to sell well with UT3, Uncharted/Singstar in Europe, GT5P in Japan.

Agreed!

Jandre02 said:

Where the PS3 has Japan the 360 was that much stronger in the US and EU.  Once again the fact the sales numbers are close is all the indication you should need that it balances out, because it does.

As for having better software I would first say it is subjective but secondly I think the 360 had a fairly solid hardware lineup for the '06 holiday.  I will let someone who knows the console better debate the individual merits but I am quite confident that they are comparable at the very least.

Once again I will point out that I didn't say it was impossible...just that it wasn't likely. If it does hit 8.5m it will definitely be a good 3 weeks of sales for the PS3 and it could very well turn into momentum for the following year.

To Each Man, Responsibility

so one game = the need to purchase a 400 doller plus game system? hhmmmm dont be suprised if it doesnt do well.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I think the ps3 will just hit 8mil - if not 10k short of 8mil. I think Sony will hit the 11 mil by March 08... so that will be good for Sony.

I really do hope they hit pass 8 mil, but lets see what 2 weeks can do.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil