By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ending this year,Starting 08.(PS3)

Diabloz said:
I predicted that PS3 will end this year with around 8.5Million and it will hit 10 million sometime in january probly.

"I predict... PAIN!"

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Sqrl

You still dont take in the account that the ps3 sales can increase significantly more than your prediction. U.S numbers will increase, and OTHERS numbers were also increase, and Japan numbers should Double.

Except... the higher rise in Europe and Japan will be countered by the lower raise in the US. You do realize his numbers were World Wide right?

Lost tears of Kain said:
leo-j said:
darthdevidem said:
@sqrl

so the 360 is doing WORSE this year than LAST YEAR..

this is a HUGE shock to me....

It has alot of competition this year.. dam it actually is schocking the X360 got a price cut and halo 3.. dunno maybe patchter was right that only 5% of the ps2 install base it=s going X360 and all of the XBOX.

patchter is wrong. That prediction is rediculas, i have zero idea where he got his numbers from

I know personally 10 people who own a 360 (two that own a ps3) and 6 of the 10 did not own a xbox, including me. I owned a ps2 and went to 360

Are you a highschool boy living in North America?

the probable demographic statistical data says that you are 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Hmm, 8.5m by 2007 end ? as it's 7,1m now, it would be
Target : 1,4m units in 3 weeks
Target : 470 K per week

Optimistic Projections :
Others : it can do 220K / week going to christmas
America : it can do 180 K / week going to christmas
Japan : it can do 50K / week going to christmas
So total : 450K is everything goes extremely well

Conclusion : 8,5 million is very unlikely.

It will come very close it all depends on how much hardware GT5 can move. I have been understimating the PS3 sales all year but I dont think it will hit 8.5m probably 8.3m.

Around the Network

The possibility exists. Thats all I can add.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

PS3 will sell around 14-15m EOY 2008. Which would be around 7-8m units total for the year (an increase from 6m this year).

The PS3 software this year has been an abysmal failure of catastrophic proportions. Despite selling a similar amount of hardware units for the year (about 8m each), the PS3 has only had 2, 1m sellers (with 1 to surely hit 2m by EOY).

In the same amount of time, the X360 had *about* 10, 1m sellers, and had 2-3 2m sellers (and 1 3m seller).

Biiiiig difference. Same thing with the Wii. It's had alot more 1m sellers than the PS3. Worst part is that 1 of those 2, 1m sellers was a pack-in title. The Wii only has 1 pack-in that's a 1m seller, and the X360 at this time had none.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
PS3 will sell around 14-15m EOY 2008. Which would be around 7-8m units total for the year (an increase from 6m this year).

The PS3 software this year has been an abysmal failure of catastrophic proportions. Despite selling a similar amount of hardware units for the year (about 8m each), the PS3 has only had 2, 1m sellers (with 1 to surely hit 2m by EOY).

In the same amount of time, the X360 had *about* 10, 1m sellers, and had 2-3 2m sellers (and 1 3m seller).

Biiiiig difference. Same thing with the Wii. It's had alot more 1m sellers than the PS3. Worst part is that 1 of those 2, 1m sellers was a pack-in title. The Wii only has 1 pack-in that's a 1m seller, and the X360 at this time had none.
PS3 will have two more million sellers next week Call of duty 4 and Assassins Creed. PES might hit 1million before 2008 If you add japanese version and the US/EU sales. I agree that ps3 sales are horrible. The problem with PS3 is that it is selling "badly" in all 3 regions and those are totally different markets instead of 360 selling very strong in 1 market. If a game sells well in Japan it probably wont sell well in the other regions. Madden did not reach million because it wont sell outside US, Fifa 08 is not reaching million because people outside europe dont buy it. The 360 has 1 very strong market and that is why it is have more millions sellers and the obvious PS3 owners dont buy many games. If PS3 game reaches million it is because it appeals more then 1 market and it got high attach rate (and ofc its good game).

mrstickball said:

Wii sports is not a pack in in japan, and has over a million sales there

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Sqrl said:
Wait so you think the PS3 is going to sell 1.4m consoles in the next 3 weeks?

Alrighty then...
I'm a bit more worried about his 1.5 million in January prediction...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!