By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ending this year,Starting 08.(PS3)

The last three weeks of the year being the same as last week would place it just above 8M. I think it'll be somewhere between 8 and 9 by New Year, although 10M probably won't be happening as soon as January.

Around the Network

@sqrl

so the 360 is doing WORSE this year than LAST YEAR..

this is a HUGE shock to me....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@Sqrl

You really do seem to forget, Japan is on ps3's side, and OTHERS is on ps3's side.

mM
Diabloz said:
I predicted that PS3 will end this year with around 8.5Million and it will hit 10 million sometime in january probly.
u think that it goin to sell 1.5 million in january.... dont be silly!!!!!!!!! in january console sales slow down massively so theres no way it will sell 1.5 million in a month (has it ever sold that much in a single month???)

I should state a few things for clarity, my initial numbers check in response I misread and saw it was off by 2m...realizing this was wrong I double checked and found 1.4m. I reconsidered the position and still thought it was off. My intitial post was in reaction to my thought of 2m...my second post was the corrected analysis of being off by 1.4m.

In short, no way for the 2m, but the 1.4m is a tough sell still as well.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@sqrl

It has alot of competition this year.. dam it actually is schocking the X360 got a price cut and halo 3.. dunno maybe patchter was right that only 5% of the ps2 install base it=s going X360 and all of the XBOX.

mM
darthdevidem said:
@sqrl

what does the 360s year this year have to do with this?  The PS3 is in its second year and selling similar to the 360, its a valid trend comparison.  

Aside from that the 360 is actually selling better this year than last year, but not by as much as the PS3 or the Wii. 

@leo-j

yes It's shocking cus Halo 3 released you would at THE LEAST expect Holiday sales to be MUCH HIGHER than 07's, I mean HALO 3 was their "BIGGEST" game..right

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

leo-j said:
@Sqrl

You really do seem to forget, Japan is on ps3's side, and OTHERS is on ps3's side.

What does that even mean?

leo-j said:
darthdevidem said:
@sqrl

It has alot of competition this year.. dam it actually is schocking the X360 got a price cut and halo 3.. dunno maybe patchter was right that only 5% of the ps2 install base it=s going X360 and all of the XBOX.

patchter is wrong. That prediction is rediculas, i have zero idea where he got his numbers from

I know personally 10 people who own a 360 (two that own a ps3) and 6 of the 10 did not own a xbox, including me. I owned a ps2 and went to 360

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.