By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ending this year,Starting 08.(PS3)

@Lost tears

I know 6 people who own a Ps3 & only 1 who owns a 360

that doesn't mean PS3 is dominating over it..does it

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

@Sqrl:
It`s likely, ps3 will do better worldwide, then x360 did year ago.
And we don`t know how UT3 and GT5:P will effect sales..

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@sqril

It means that there is the possibility that the ps3 can sell more than your predicted numbers since it has a much stronger market in japan, and stronger market in OTHERS than the X360 did in the same time preiod.

@Lost

What is 5% of 130M?

Isnt it about 6.5Million? Thats a large number.

mM
leo-j said:
@sqril

It means that there is the possibility that the ps3 can sell more than your predicted numbers since it has a much stronger market in japan, and stronger market in OTHERS than the X360 did in the same time preiod.

@Lost

What is 5% of 130M?

And we are supposed to ignore its weaker market in the US?  The fact is that WW sales take into account the strength and weakness of all the markets. 

The comparison is using WW numbers so your assertion that it somehow doesn't take into account specific market strengths is unfounded.   If anything my approach is significantly more sound than yours.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
CrazzyMan said:
@Sqrl:
It`s likely, ps3 will do better worldwide, then x360 did year ago.
And we don`t know how UT3 and GT5:P will effect sales..

I never said it wouldn't, I simply used the sales trend to estimate sales. The percentage changes from week to week was all that was used. There were no absolute +x or -y changes. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@Sqrl

You still dont take in the account that the ps3 sales can increase significantly more than your prediction. U.S numbers will increase, and OTHERS numbers were also increase, and Japan numbers should Double.

mM

It depends on japan sells next week with GT5 P being out. If it can do more than 60,000 in japan next week it has a good chance to do more than 1.4million.

PSN ID: getrdone25

leo-j said:
@sqril

@Lost

What is 5% of 130M?

No no leo what pacter stated (so i think) is that only 10% of the people who bought 360s are previous ps2 only owners. Saying that the majority of 360 owners are previous xbox owners.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

@Sqrl: You are generally right. However I have doubts about PS3 increasing that little this weak (and this doubs also includes 360 - Wii as supply constrained could drop - so it's not just PS3-fanboyism). I think it's possible that numbers will be increased in some time.

Of course this is pure speculation.

darthdevidem said:
@Lost tears

I know 6 people who own a Ps3 & only 1 who owns a 360

that doesn't mean PS3 is dominating over it..does it

Just proves that pacter is pulling numbers at of his arse. He guesses and im sick of it maybe he should use actual data /sigh

what i stated has nothing to do who owns what, just that they owned a ps2 before they bought their 360

since you have only 1 person to take data on your guess is useless

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.