By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 has record sales in Italy before launch (45,000 units sold)

gt5 is doing well already!! thats a good look

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

The report makes no sense.

What record has it broken? Surely a game has sold more then 45k in 1 day in Italy before? That seems really low considering the amount of consoles sold there.

I think the issue is the game sold 45k copies in day -1...

before the release...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Italy is 1% of World population. So 45k preordes in Italy = 4.5M preorders WW.  O-) 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

What a weird tread, can anyone guess who has the most post?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

me me.

we have a winner!!!!!!

Anyway, i have read the english translation and I am so confused to what this whole 45k means.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

45K in ITALY alone....in 1 DAY....BEFORE official launch

Oh my this games gonna by gigantuous!

OMG no LEGZ CONFIRMED

psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

me me.

we have a winner!!!!!!

Anyway, i have read the english translation and I am so confused to what this whole 45k means.

45k pre-order on Italy = record.

No other game made this before.

The figure of 10% or 9.4% for Italy in EMEAA is hardware, I'm having a bit of trouble looking it up but does anyone know what percentage of software Italy purchase?

I think software % would give a slightly clearer picture than hardware % as to how this would reflect total sales in EMEAA.

JazzyJeez said:

The figure of 10% or 9.4% for Italy in EMEAA is hardware, I'm having a bit of trouble looking it up but does anyone know what percentage of software Italy purchase?

I think software % would give a slightly clearer picture than hardware % as to how this would reflect total sales in EMEAA.

Not only that, but nobody can infer the actual sales from the preorders, since the preorders/total sales ratio is unknown for Italy.