By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 has record sales in Italy before launch (45,000 units sold)

kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:

So we can assume around 450k to 500k pre-orders for EMEAA?

no we cant....

why not?

why should we?

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Around the Network
Booh! said:

Ah-ehm this is the most preordered game ever in Italy, more than PES or FIFA 11 , which made 2.6 million in NA and Europe alone first week. We don't know the preorders/first week sales ratio...

Thank you! See now this helps understand the claim...biggest pre order numbers for Italy

woah bigger than FIFA 11? 0_0 nice

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:

no we cant....

why not?

why should we?

Because its an educated guess based on factors of which we are aware... those factors being; Italian pre-orders are 45k and Italy represent 10% of the EMEAA... so why shouldnt we?  It wont be far off whatever you want to believe.

So we should go by your guess?
Im willing to bet you it will have atleast 600k preorders.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:

no we cant....

why not?

why should we?

Because its an educated guess based on factors of which we are aware... those factors being; Italian pre-orders are 45k and Italy represent 10% of the EMEAA... so why shouldnt we?  It wont be far off whatever you want to believe.

Are you saying Italy represents 10% based on population? Or the general amount of games they order? Or what? Because if you're discussing the population that's not such a good determining factor. Country A buys tons of apples because they like apples, Country B buys far less apples because they dislike them. Country B's preorders for apples will be far less than Country A's. If this wasn't your point, I apologize.

So 45k is the most pre - orders for a game in Italy ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:

Maybe

BUT it had no marketing!

hang on...  a minute ago 45k was OMGZZZ now you are softening it... make your mind up darth. lol

I don't know what's in Sony mind, but tomorrow there's GT5 launch, and guess what are they advertising these days here? Move.   

Anyhow, big appliances and electronics stores chains don't usually take preorders here, they usually have too little clerks to take preorders for not expensive items, just games and toys stores do, so the sales to preorders ratio should be quite good, as while more niche games are usually sold mainly at specialized stores, megastores get an overwhelming share of best known titles sales.

The article literally reported about "bookings", but in this context I think "preorders" is a correct translation.

About cars, I don't own a PS3, so it really doesn't matter for me right now, but had I one, I'd like to find in the assortment more diesel cars, the best ones are actually better than most gasoline ones nowadays. Alas the Japanese don't like diesels very much, although they really can make some fine ones, if only they want to... Oh well, big V8s are anyhow quite good to satisfy my taste for high torque at low RPM, even better supercharged ones like the Corvette ZR1... And virtual gasoline isn't expensive as the real one!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:
kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:

no we cant....

why not?

why should we?

Are you saying Italy represents 10% based on population? Or the general amount of games they order? Or what? Because if you're discussing the population that's not such a good determining factor. Country A buys tons of apples because they like apples, Country B buys far less apples because they dislike them. Country B's preorders for apples will be far less than Country A's. If this wasn't your point, I apologize.

apology accepted.

1.8m PS3's in Italy

19m in EMEAA.

9.4% 

Oh... and  besides... Italy loves motoring and cars...

Perhaps it doesn't love preorders

So.

This is preorders ?

Blue3 said:

So.

This is preorders ?

Supposedely. And only for Italy.

Let's say these numbers aren't pre - orders but sales from a broken street date. Will ioi will still count them as week one ?