By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this really the future of gaming?

When was Joyride noted as the future of gaming again? 

I'm pretty sure that Joyride is one of the lowest rated games of the kinect line-up.  Imagine if we were to pick the lowest ranked game of ANY system and then generalize about that system solely based upon the shortcomings therein.

HAHA, whenever I need a good laugh, chartz posters never fail to provide!

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:

I'm pretty sure that Joyride is one of the lowest rated games of the kinect line-up.  Imagine if we were to pick the lowest ranked game of ANY system and then generalize about that system solely based upon the shortcomings therein.

It's more an average kinect game:

1. Metascore: 32
  2. Metascore: 64
  3. Metascore: 48
  4. Metascore: 37
  5. Metascore: 49
  6. Metascore: 82
  7. Metascore: 61
  8. Metascore: 75
  9. Metascore: 72
  10. Kinect Joy Ride
    Metascore: 53

Lyrikalstylez said:

the future is the constant yearly boring COD games that seem to sell , Cannot wait

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Booh! said:
TRios_Zen said:

It's more an average kinect game:

• Metascore: 32
  • Metascore: 64
  • Metascore: 48
  • Metascore: 37
  • Metascore: 49
  • Metascore: 82
  • Metascore: 61
  • Metascore: 75
  • Metascore: 72
  • Kinect Joy Ride
    Metascore: 53
  • So you are advocating taking the score of a single average game for any sytem and generalizing from that the quality of the entire system and it's abilities? 

Better yet, lets also use a flashy catch-phrase that was never assigned to said game, when generalising, to really rub it in!   

HAHA, this just keeps getting better!

hallowedbeeddie said:

I hate it when a game plays like this (though I have enjoyed kinect). Something like this doesnt happen in similar games like mario kart wii (eventhough it´s not a perfect game either), if you hit a wall you get stuck if you dont know how to steer.

What is more fun is that he ended in third place lol

That's exactly what I meant though I haven't played kinnect yet.

I am not saying that the motion controllers are flawed or shouldn't exist. I am just saying that they should develop quality games for those motion devices.

Around the Network

God I hope not

his hands weren't even moving... playing games with your mind and thoughts is great XD

I wonder what Malstrom thinks of this, this should be right up his alley! Unless he thinks the graphics are too good, that is...

nightsurge said:

Just noticed a comment that makes a lot of sense from that blog.

It is entirely possible that the game is adding the auto steering assist because it thinks he is a younger child while sitting down.  It can obviously detect height, so perhaps there is a certain height threshhold that Kinect decides as "Adult" or "Child" and adds the auto steering based on that.

Makes sense at least given the evidence. 

Aren't you suppose to play a racing game while sitting down in the first place?.... o_O

AnthonyW86 said:
    nightsurge said:

Just noticed a comment that makes a lot of sense from that blog.

It is entirely possible that the game is adding the auto steering assist because it thinks he is a younger child while sitting down.  It can obviously detect height, so perhaps there is a certain height threshhold that Kinect decides as "Adult" or "Child" and adds the auto steering based on that.

Makes sense at least given the evidence. 

Aren't you suppose to play a racing game while sitting down in the first place?.... o_O

Nah dont you stand up in your car when you drive? DUH! =0