By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't get why Kesha is popular?

Cirio said:

Same reason why Justin Beiber is popular.

Thats why we need Led Zepplin to get rid of all the crap if only John Bonham did not die

Around the Network

Here is the approach that is taken to create a pop star:

Start off by selecting a large number of generally attractive girls with moderate singing and dancing abilities. Pair these girls up with a vocal coach, a dance instructor, a stylist, a publicist, and a song writer and "develop" artist for 6 to 12 months; this entails generating a semi-rebellious mostly-conformist image, creating semi-unique mostly-generic pop music, and developing the basic skills to pull it off. Focus test the artist against the target demographic; if the artist succeeds the focus test spend significant amounts of money promoting the artist; and if they fail the focus test recycle the artists who were particularly attractive, and/or had decent singing or dancing skills (otherwise throw the artist away).

Being that a small portion of the girls (about 10%) will pass the focus test, of those a small portion of them (about 10%) will be successful in the market, and it is difficult to predict which girls will be successful, it is mostly a numbers game and if a music label starts with enough girls some will be very popular.

1. She's considered pretty by most people. 

2. She has a distinctive way of singing/talking, which is very conducive to singing along, which most good pop songs should do.  The personality she gives off is essential I think in this case. 

3.  Her beats are admittedly catchy, which is very important. Her lyrics are meh, but again they are fun and sound good. 

4.  She reminds me of a more hip, punk pop Cyndi Lauper lmao.   Her song "Your Love is my Drug" has a hook that reminds me of "Girls just wanna have fun." lol

Even thou i dont like this kind of music i think she's hot ass hell...and here music is prety cool

HappySqurriel said:

Here is the approach that is taken to create a pop star:

Start off by selecting a large number of generally attractive girls with moderate singing and dancing abilities. Pair these girls up with a vocal coach, a dance instructor, a stylist, a publicist, and a song writer and "develop" artist for 6 to 12 months; this entails generating a semi-rebellious mostly-conformist image, creating semi-unique mostly-generic pop music, and developing the basic skills to pull it off. Focus test the artist against the target demographic; if the artist succeeds the focus test spend significant amounts of money promoting the artist; and if they fail the focus test recycle the artists who were particularly attractive, and/or had decent singing or dancing skills (otherwise throw the artist away).

Being that a small portion of the girls (about 10%) will pass the focus test, of those a small portion of them (about 10%) will be successful in the market, and it is difficult to predict which girls will be successful, it is mostly a numbers game and if a music label starts with enough girls some will be very popular.

And this is why we need some real rock bands to arrive soon, this conveyor belt pop star crap is reallllly irritating.  Let them work their way up from playing clubs and make it famous from their talent. 

I can't believe Bieber won artist of the year at the AMA's.  What is the world coming too?  I'd rather play Ninjabreadman while flying off a cliff in a buring car and landing in cow feces.  :D

Around the Network

Hot.

SosusOCR said:

I think "Lady" GaGa is shit, I really think she is in the same class as Perry ans Kesha in she makes awful music for the lowest conman denominator that is soaked up by people that dont know any better. 

Its okay you like "her", she pushes you musical buttons. I personally think she is a talentless skank

The fact that Lady GaGa makes stupid pop doesn't detract from the fact that:

a. She knows exactly what she's doing, she creates all her music and image, unlike many other pop artists who are tools for the companies.

b. She is a very talented musician and singer:

And that's a fact, not an opinion.

Have a good day :)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

mrstickball said:

Ke$ha and Two and a Half Men are the reason that the world hates America...

Well, on the bright side that fat kid will probably never need to work another day in his life... and the longer Charlie Sheen is kept busy, that means less crimes will be comitted.

I CANT WATCH IT, it says "this contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on Copyright Grounds"

to Quote Ace Ventura "All Righty Then"

hiroko said:

Even thou i dont like this kind of music i think she's hot ass hell...and here music is prety cool

well bro u must not have seen them pics of her in a bikini them shits is barf material