By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't get why Kesha is popular?

mrstickball said:
Kantor said:
mrstickball said:

Ke$ha and Two and a Half Men are the reason that the world hates America...

I can only speak for Britain here, but we all love Two and Half Men.

Ke$ha...nassomuch.

Oh great. We've destroyed Britian with that bad TV show.

You gave us The Office, and we gave you Two and a Half Men. Thats like the indians trading food to the colonists for diseased blankets. You totally got screwed, sir.

To be fair, you screwed us by releasing that random, pointless and somewhat depressing Steve Carell show and calling it "The Office" in the first place.

The Office (UK) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Two and a Half Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Office (US)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
RageBot said:
-PaNdOrA- said:
RageBot said:
rocketpig said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Whenever someone says that an artist or a song isn't "real music", it basically means: "Hey, I don't like that song so it's not real music!"

People have different tastes.

No, there are some things that are just bad art. Ke$ha is part of that category, just like any Michael Bay movie, Stephanie Meyer novel, or Thomas Kincaide painting, to choose other popular artists (sic) from other media. They're uninspired messes meant to sell the most units to those that just don't care if something is good or not. From a technical standpoint, they all have glaring weaknesses (everything about a Bay movie is pretty much terrible, Meyer is actually a very bad writer, and Kincaide, well, I just fucking hate the douche).

Check my former post.
Than back to his response.
Now back to my post.
Now back, to his.

Sadly, by now you've realized that you cannot have a rational discussion with that guy, and you'll have to spend your time doing something more productive.

Wait.. I wasn't responding to your post. If I was I would have quoted you.

And I'm very capable of having a rational discussion...

You said something about "pepole saying things about real music" just after I used that term, so I thought you were responding to me.

In that case, I apologize for what I said earlier :(

The other part of my former response (regarding McDonald's) still stands though :P

Oh lol.  It's ok.

Yeah I didn't fully read your post so I didn't notice the last two words. :D

PlaystaionGamer said:
SosusOCR said:

You could also ask why is Two and a Half Men so popular yet Arrested Development got cancelled?

Why Lady GaGa keep getting money to make her "music" yet there are good bands struggling to make a living?

Why does Katy Perry sing without auto-tune sometimes despite she sounds like a 70 year old Vietnamese hooker thats had her throat scraped without it?

Just dont worry about it, understand that sometimes bad things happen like Kesha... 

And looking at that picture I agree she is a whole lot of ugly... like what would happen if the "human" from Community and Sara Jessica Parker had a child.

Dont try and bash Lady Gaga,  you will only look stupid. 

Great music

Amazing Singer

amazing song writer. 

Talent lifts her above the rest of the shit like katy perry and Kesha. 

and she worked VERY hard for how far she has got. she isnt a Pop star. she is a Rock star AND if you dont think thats true then you are very wrong. look through the Rock hall of Fame, Gaga is already in it. 

I think "Lady" GaGa is shit, I really think she is in the same class as Perry ans Kesha in she makes awful music for the lowest conman denominator that is soaked up by people that dont know any better. 

Its okay you like "her", she pushes you musical buttons. I personally think she is a talentless skank

i don;t get why either, i get that she sings about partying, but she does it TOO MUCH...And the songs are just awful. I like party music, but i can tell when they just decided to say "Oh, lets just add dance dance tik tok to make it sound fresh".

shes looks like awhore and sings about being a slut.

pretty simple.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
rocketpig said:

Just like any other form of expression (art, film, literature), the content that is aimed at the lowest common denominator is usually not very good. Stop listening to crappy mainstream pop radio and get on with your day.

A little off topic, and not that I'm saying that games are art or anything, but this is also true of video games as well. Right down to the "you just have a different opinon" arguments I have seen all over the place when talking about the equivalent of Backstree Boys in video games.

Yep, video games apply to that as well though in most cases, a strong budget is needed to make a great modern video game because so much of the interface relies on testing and polishing, which can only be accomplished by hiring great technical talent. Unless we're talking about small indie games, which don't really apply here.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

oldschoolfool said:

I watched two and a Half Men for the first season,then it got played out. I don't think anybody on here is old enough to remember Katy perry's one hit song in the 90's,I kissed a girl. 

Katy Perry, you mean the lady with two hit songs this summer?  And by 90's, you mean last few years?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Because her songs are fun, and elitist are missing out due to their snobbish behavior.

Immature is how boring people describe fun people. :P

Two Words....Led Zeppelin

Same reason why Justin Beiber is popular.