By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 and Kinect Profits Analysis - Plenty of room for Price Cuts!

Interesting analysis.  A lot is speculative, as there are definite limits on what we have access too, but it stands to reason that reaching profitability was a priority for the Xbox initiative this gen and they've done well in the face of the RROD crisis and stiff competition.

One more thing of note:  is the way to make a thread troll free the topic of profitability???  Hmmm ......

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:

Interesting analysis.  A lot is speculative, as there are definite limits on what we have access too, but it stands to reason that reaching profitability was a priority for the Xbox initiative this gen and they've done well in the face of the RROD crisis and stiff competition.

One more thing of note:  is the way to make a thread troll free the topic of profitability???  Hmmm .....

Very true.  I wish I had more solid figures on the new 360 S build costs for this type of estimate.

Also:  SHHHHHHHH Don't jinx it!

It all sounds plausable, and I like that you tried to answer many questions beforehand.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Um I'm pretty sure the 360 is like billions in the hole still, there is no chance they will ever make a profit and all this heresay and guessing is just wishful thinking.  I mean, they should really fix that unbelievably lame RROD problem before they worry about this.  Microsoft disgusts me, Sony is so much better.  So is Nintendo.  They should just stick to making really lame sofware that always craps out. Um, Vista anyone?!!! 

What a lame thread.

;) at Darth Tigris (just a jk people)

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

"NYANKS on 2010-11-19 18:10

Um I'm pretty sure the 360 is like billions in the hole still, there is no chance they will ever make a profit and all this heresay and guessing is just wishful thinking.  I mean, they should really fix that unbelievably lame RROD problem before they worry about this.  Microsoft disgusts me, Sony is so much better.  So is Nintendo.  They should just stick to making really lame sofware that always craps out. Um, Vista anyone?!!! "

In actual fact they did the fix problem at least with the 360s.  How is sony and nintendo so much better than Microsoft? If i am not mistaken , if the ps3 suffered hardware failure , you don't see sony fixing it for free and even paying for shipping the console there and back. For nintendo, they are just as evil as their counter parts. 

Especially with the release of the wii which i find to be the worst console ever , with plenty of shovelware and very few good games. The problem is nintendo knows that they are releasing crap and won't change it because they know the general public will buy it because its nintendo.

Ps : I have all 3 consoles so what u i say its not biased lol.

Around the Network
wanderson75 said:

I think it's very possible that next year you'll be seeing Microsoft very aggressively cutting price to try to widen that gap that's been closing between the 360 and the PS3.  The numbers you give, nightsurge seem pretty realistic.  So this holidy may be a "let the early adopters turn us a quick buck before we hack and slash at prices over the next two years" approach.

I would not be surprised to see a $99 360S 4GB Slim in early to mid-2012.  We might see two decent price drops around E3 and November of 2011.  I'm betting we will.

Expect more to see a $200 4GB with Kinect and 2 games to compete with Wii than the $100 Slim.  Kinect is the feature angle Microsoft wants to push.  $200 is likely the price point Microsoft will target.  After the 4GB model thing is done, look for it to be phased out with one model fits all with Kinect and the $200 price point.  You may get a second model with bigger HD though.

dane007 said:

Um I'm pretty sure the 360 is like billions in the hole still, there is no chance they will ever make a profit and all this heresay and guessing is just wishful thinking.  I mean, they should really fix that unbelievably lame RROD problem before they worry about this.  Microsoft disgusts me, Sony is so much better.  So is Nintendo.  They should just stick to making really lame sofware that always craps out. Um, Vista anyone?!!! "

In actual fact they did the fix problem at least with the 360s.  How is sony and nintendo so much better than Microsoft? If i am not mistaken , if the ps3 suffered hardware failure , you don't see sony fixing it for free and even paying for shipping the console there and back. For nintendo, they are just as evil as their counter parts. 

Especially with the release of the wii which i find to be the worst console ever , with plenty of shovelware and very few good games. The problem is nintendo knows that they are releasing crap and won't change it because they know the general public will buy it because its nintendo.

I wasn't serious, as the bottom of my post clearly showed.  I was referring in jest to  the conversation two posters above were having. 

Nevermind.

dane007 said:

Dear God, what have I wrought . . . . . . . . . ?

Darth Tigris said:
dane007 said:

Dear God, what have I wrought . . . . . . . . . ?

Apparently no one got the joke lol. -.-  There was a bottom addendum.