By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better? Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics?

Which is better? Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics?

Fire Emblem! 117 61.90%

Final Fantasy Tactics! 51 26.98%

I hate them both! 1 0.53%

I love both of my parents just the same. 15 7.94%

They are both inferior too... 5 2.65%

Total:189

Easy- Fire Emblem by a long shot. It's more tactical, in that it forces you to think more about your actions with death being permanent. It's got a far better story, and lets you get more attached to the characters (which leads to your wanting to keep them alive). It doesn't make you do mindless grinding, nay, with one exception, you CAN'T grind in FE. Oh, and the calculator in the game. (Not the class, mind you.) I've seen things with a 100% chance to do something, not. But if FE tells you 100%, you WILL do it. Plus there's the fact that you can actually calculate how everything is done yourself. (Who'dve thought that an attack difference of 3 would make such a difference?)

For the curious, my first one of these games was FFT. I never bothered to finish it because, well... it bored me. I'd much rather play Luminous Arc, Disgaea, or Rondo of Swords to FFT again.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

VGChartz has a peculiarly large and devoted Fire Emblem fanbase, given how large the community is vs. how popular Fire Emblem is.

pariz said:
RageBot said:
pariz said:
RageBot said:

Comparing them is an insult to FFT.

How come? 

People are short of words these days. :-p

Because FFT is better than FE in anything that FE's good at, and has one of the best stories told in video games, with one of the greatest video game villians of all time and an incredible soundtrack.

Agreed!

Wich of the 7 billion villains in FFT is the one you're talking about?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Khuutra said:

VGChartz has a peculiarly large and devoted Fire Emblem fanbase, given how large the community is vs. how popular Fire Emblem is.

It's called the inverse logic. The general rule is that the less the game sells, the more popular it is. FFT alone has half of the sales of the whole FE series.

Beuli2 said:
Khuutra said:

It's called the inverse logic. The general rule is that the less the game sells, the more popular it is. FFT alone has half of the sales of the whole FE series.

My statement has nothing to do with FFT at all.

Around the Network

Based on what I've seen, Fire Emblem's linear missions and wide variety of characters are generally better for story, but the more open and lenient nature of the FFT series makes it funner to play. I personally like making Ninja/Paladin hybrids. If I tried shenanigans like that in Fire Emblem, I'd be punished severely. Of course, I've only played these games on the GBA, so I could have the wrong idea.

Love and tolerate.

I've never played FE, but FFT was one of the best games I've ever played in my life.

I can't trust the opinion of anyone who thinks FFT sucks, so I don't think I should try playing FE.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Khuutra said:
Beuli2 said:
Khuutra said:

That doesn't mean I can't use your post to make my post.

Beuli2 said:
Khuutra said:

That has nothing to do with my statement at all. I'm pointing out that your comparison is a non-sequitur in the context of responding to a statement about how this place has more Fire Emblem fans than the norm.

Khuutra said:
Beuli2 said:
Khuutra said:

That has nothing to do with my statement at all. I'm pointing out that your comparison is a non-sequitur in the context of responding to a statement about how this place has more Fire Emblem fans than the norm.

I don't even undertand what you said. Take a piece of cake and stop annoying me:

Above: nhom nhom the tasty piece of cake Kuutra ate to stop annoying Beuli2.