By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards – nominees revealed

What a disgusting list. It shows an obvious bias against Japanese games, it shows an obvious bias towards the dudebro crowd, it lists Triple A celebrities in their voice actor categories, even though most of them were horrible in their roles, but they just want some celebrity action for the show. The list just screams of corporate America ass kissing. I was really hoping that Spike would change this year by at least giving Limbo a Game of the Year nomination or putting Bayonetta in one of the categories, but I guess I was wrong. It must be easier to run this year though, with all that extra 'support' money from all the big Western publishers.

WTF at Shaun White Skateboarding, it's like they ran out of games to put in these lists, but they wouldn't dare put superior Japanese games in, so instead they chuck in Spiderman, Shaun White and Blur. At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they got the Jersey Shore guys back on or had Kesha performing or something.

They've been doing ok in the last few years with their listings, but the direction they're going in is the wrong one. I really hope Mass Effect 2 pulls off an Uncharted 2 this year, I don't think I'd be able to stomach seeing Halo, COD or God of War win. 

P.S. GT5 is most likely not on the list because no one has a review copy yet, Donkey Kong Country is already in the hands of most major reviewers, so that's why they felt they could list it despite the date.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Studio of the Year

- Rockstar San Diego

Best Wii Game

Best Xbox 360 Game

- Mass Effect 2

Best PS3 Game

- Red Dead Redemption {why isn't this a candidate for Xbox?)

Best PC Game

- Mass Effect 2

Best Handheld Game

- God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Best Shooter

- Call of Duty: Black Ops

Best Action-Adventure Game

- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood {RDR isn't action adventure}

Best RPG

- Mass Effect 2

Best Multiplayer Game

- Call of Duty: Black Ops
Can I say Uncharted 2?

Best Individual Sports Game

Best Team Sports Game

- FIFA Soccer 11

Best Driving Game

- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Best Music Game

Best Soundtrack

- Red Dead

Best Song in a Game

- I don't know!

Best Original Score

- Red Dead Redemption

Best Graphics

- God of War III
- Heavy Rain
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- Red Dead Redemption

Uncharted 2

Best Adapted Video Game

Best Performance by a Human Male

- Rob Wiethoff as John Marston

Best Performance by a Human Female

- Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson

Best Downloadable Game

- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Best DLC

Best Independent Game

Most Anticipated Game

- Batman: Arkham City
- BioShock: Infinite
- Gears of War 3
- Portal 2

Uncharted 3 (or Gears if that really isn't allowed)

Game of the Year

- Red Dead Redemption

they are clearly missing some genres here, were is the best platformer category? best motion controlled games? etc

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

those things are always FAIL...that's why I don't thrust reviews of any kind anymore.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Cougarman said:

they are clearly missing some genres here, were is the best platformer category? best motion controlled games? etc

Why do you ask questions when you already know the answers?

Anyway... I thought that... yeah, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a Wii/Nintendo game... but I thought that its MetaCritic/GameRanking score (ya know, the best rated game of the year) would at least get it through to the nomination stage for Game of the Year for Spike. I guess that even that is not enough...

Too bad, so sad.

Oh, and that's pretty funny now DKCR gets to travel through time to make it while GT5 does not.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Cougarman said:

Why do you ask questions when you already know the answers?

Anyway... I thought that... yeah, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a Wii/Nintendo game... but I thought that its MetaCritic/GameRanking score (ya know, the best rated game of the year) would at least get it through to the nomination stage for Game of the Year for Spike. I guess that even that is not enough...

Too bad, so sad.

Oh, and that's pretty funny now DKCR gets to travel through time to make it while GT5 does not.

i guess i was asking for too much, the best Wii game category is the best platformer category anyway, it would be redundant to have 2 categories that would have almost the same games  :)) 

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Studio of the Year

- Blizzard Entertainment

Best Wii Game

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Best Xbox 360 Game

- Mass Effect 2

Best PS3 Game

- God of War III

Best PC Game

- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Best Handheld Game

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Best Shooter

- BioShock 2

Best Action-Adventure Game

- God of War III

Best RPG

- Final Fantasy XIII

Best Multiplayer Game

- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Best Individual Sports Game

dont care

Best Team Sports Game

dont care

Best Driving Game

- Blur

Best Music Game

- Rock Band 3

Best Soundtrack

- Rock Band 3

Best Song in a Game

uuuuuh...

Best Original Score

- God of War III

Best Graphics

- God of War III

Best Adapted Video Game

- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Best Performance by a Human Male

- Daniel Craig as James Bond

Best Performance by a Human Female

- Dame Judi Dench as M

Best Downloadable Game

- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Best DLC

- Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker

Best Independent Game

- Super Meat Boy

Most Anticipated Game

- Portal 2

Game of the Year

- God of War III (should be sc2...)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Ugh...now everyone is going to crowd the thread with large posts thinking that ppl actually want to hear who they think should win. As if anyone asked.

Anyhow typical stuff here folks. Popular reigns over everything else.

>:(

SMG2 isn't a GOTY Nomene

libellule said:

euh ... no GT5 ... amazing ...

also, no santa monica in the best studio but still bungie ...

but it is the VGA : video games for america, right ?

Yeah, it's not like Uncharted 2 won this award last year or anything.

Oh wait, it did! *eyeroll*

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.