By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards – nominees revealed

I'm trying to figure out how Call of Duty doesn't get nominated for the best game on any specific platform, but it does get nominated for overall game of the year.

And why the hell weren't Super Mario Galaxy and Kirby nominated for overall game of the year?  Nintendo getting the shaft like usual.

Edit:

Also, lol @ DKC and GT getting lost in the "it's not out yet this year, and isn't coming out next year" window, so they likely won't get included in either this year or next year's list.

Around the Network

Spike acts as expected.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ethomaz said:
Scoobes said:

What's the cutoff point? I don't see Gran Turismo 5 yet Assassins Creed Brotherhood is up for best action-adventure title. GT5 must really have just missed out by a week or two.

Anyway, nice to see Mass Effect 2 up for so many awards. It deserves to win all of them :P

Yvonne Strahovski for best female perfomance!

How GT5 missed out bu a week or two? DKCR out just in December.

Epic bias list.

Full of Fail

No Gt5

No Santa Monica and Quantic Dream?

Fail

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I've had that GoldenEye song stuck in my head for days now.. :/

I hope it wins.

Around the Network

It should be called "5/6 of 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards". Seriously, how can you make a list like this and exclude games like Gran Turismo!? HOW!?

Oh, what the hell, Other M made it!

RDR better win GOTY !!! Although I think it'll come down to either Black Ops or Reach.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

HAHAHA! The highest rated game of the year, as well as the third highest rated game of all time...didn't get a nomination for game of the year for this abomination of an awards show.

I just hope that the AIAS has the balls and conviction to give credit where due when the REAL awards come out. 

This is an astuondingly bad list

No Pripyat

No Nintendo AT ALL

No Gran Turismo

No starcraft GOTY candidate 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

out of that list i honestly think God of war 3 should get game of the year. That game is unforgetable for me.