By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect - 1.3 million WW

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:

Very good sales.  I'm most surprised by UK.  I know it's a strong base for 360 but the damn thing really should require too much room for the average UK living space, which I thought would dampen demand.  Either Kinect doesn't really need as much space as I thought from the reviews, people are more willing to shunt furniture around than I thought or I need a bigger house.

the space thing is overplayed..   I dont have this in my living room - its in my av room.... which is small!  works fine.

How much space do you feel it really needs.  I've been reading if you put the sensor higher than the TV you can cut down how much you need.  But like most topics for every positive I read about space there seems to be a review or article that is negative and talks about issues without a certain amount of space.

I was reading the user reviews on Amazon and it was the same thing.  Some said no problem.  Others said a few problems but nothing to worry about and others that they definately had a problem.

Kinect has me toying with picking up a 360 but I'm trying to judge whether I'd need to change anything (room wise) to cater for it.

I did that, got the wall mount - ideal.  If you have 6ft you will be ok for most games and scenarios... and def ok for single player on all games.   Some games (Adventures) need more than 6ft..nearer 7 or 8 if you want multiplayer to work properly, but the single player is fine.  Sports works like a dream at 6ft even for multiplayer...  I know this because I am 6ft tall, my daughter is about 4ft and we race together no problem, play table tennis together no problem and football no problem, so feet, head and hand tracking is ok despite our height difference.

Luckily I am having some work done next year and part of that is to extend my av room by about 5 feet, so i will be sorted... but yes ideally 7ft from the wall will be perfectly fine, but 6ft will function too.

Cool.  Thanks.  If I do take the plunge the room I'm thinking of has 7 feet TV to couch presently with a small coffee table in the way, so it doesn't sound like too much trouble to fit Kinect in as the table and couch can easily be moved a bit temporarily then slid back.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

The 360 HW / SW numbers for this week are going to be amazing.

All that Kinect boost and SW added onto the Black Ops boost and SW.

Do you think the 360 could manage 10 million software units sold that week?   If Black Ops sells good enough it would be possible.

Anyone know what the biggest week for 360 software has ever been?

And those are quite ridiculous KINECT numbers.

Seece said:
phinch1 said:
Seece said:
phinch1 said:

There are plenty defending Kinect on this site, I don't feel the need to defend all the time, only when I find the topic interesting.

Post /= voices, what are you on? like I said , several posts with the "as expected" from Sony fans. I'll be however I want about it, I calmly asked M.U.G.E.N and you were the one to blow it out of proportion.

ha ha you started it, there was no need to interigate him on what he said, granted im doing that to you, but only because i thought you where unfair on him, right im off to watch the walking dead, awesome programe btw incase you havnt seen it , taraa bit

"You started it" oh dear ... I asked him a question, nothing to do with you, certainly wasn't interrigating him.

I'm quoting you so you will see I answered your "question"

see above the answer will be in the reply I made to kowen

But seriously, sensitive much?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

As expected, impressive numbers

lol why do you keep saying "as expected" as to sort of dampen its success?

to sort of dampen its success....

lolwut?

what's this 'dampen' talk you guys blabbering on about?

I expected it to show big numbers, it did, hence 'as expected'

do you two WANT people to say omg I never ever imagined it to do great numbers now? so you can do your "haaa haaa you were wrong' rants? sorry to disappoint I guess

seriously, you guys are as bad as those say "in your face for saying wii is doomedz' when people really didn't

I remember on numerous occasions PS3/PS3 games doing well (even though I expected it) all I say is "Congratz" that's really all that is needed.

guys don't get your panties off to fat, microsoft says those numbers are a lie

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lolwut?

do you two WANT people to say omg I never ever imagined it to do great numbers now? so you can do your "haaa haaa you were wrong' rants? sorry to disappoint I guess

seriously, you guys are as bad as those say "in your face for saying wii is doomedz' when people really didn't

I remember on numerous occasions PS3/PS3 games doing well (even though I expected it) all I say is "Congratz" that's really all that is needed.

ok and? I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do I have to 'say' what you 'want' me to say? Not gonna happen sadly

and needed? by what? whom? Seriously, this whole thing is just unnecessary

what I said was what I meant..I expected it to do well in these numbers and it did, nothing more nothing less...don't get so sensitive and paranoid over something like this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Impressive numbers indeed.

So far, none of the games motivated me to get Kinect, but I'll keep waiting. Gotta figure out how to get the space needed to play.

If MS was "loling" at VGchartz first numbers I'm sure the real numbers are even higher..

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
M.U.G.E.N said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lolwut?

ok and? I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do I have to 'say' what you 'want' me to say? Not gonna happen sadly

what I said was what I meant..I expected it to do well in these numbers and it did, nothing more nothing less...don't get so sensitive and paranoid over something like this

I think some may really be getting sensitive in this thread. If anyone has really been paying attention to M.U.G.E.N he has been saying he expects Kinect to do big numbers, so I'm not sure what the beef is about. I will admit there were times he has done some things to rile up 360 fans, he is in the clear this time.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lolwut?

I think some may really be getting sensitive in this thread. If anyone has really been paying attention to M.U.G.E.N he has been saying he expects Kinect to do big numbers, so I'm not sure what the beef is about. I will admit there were times he has done some things to rile up 360 fans, he is in the clear this time.

lol

thank you very much :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!