By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect - 1.3 million WW

Seece said:
phinch1 said:
phinch1 said:
Seece said:
phinch1 said:
Seece said:

No you're alright, I asked him a question in a perfectly calm mannor.

I'm also very sorry someone asked for Move numbers and I used the only site on the net that tracks install base on a site i work on .. yeah how dare I use VGCHartz numbers.

Dude. Check what site you're on right now.

You got over protective of kinect quoted and questioned him when there was no need,it made you sound like a lads mrs when she has taken something he has said out of context (hand on hip) and whats that suppose to mean? you took it as some sort of dig.

yeah i did check what site im on,its definitely the site that has under tracked Ps3 sales and even greenburg laughed at the sales Vgchartz posted for kinect.

I'm not taking anything out of context, I know exactly what they're doing, and I've heard that "expected" line from half a dozen Sony fans recently.

I'm quite happy with VGChartz numbers (as are most here) so I'll continuing using them. If you have a problem with them then that's your fault. I'm not going to use this sites numbers on this site because you don't agree with them.

Sceece I know how it must feel to be the only one on this site defending kinect, oh sorry and your sidekick kowenkiki, but its ok, the voices? they're not out to get you....honest now stop being such a fuddy dud about it all

There are plenty defending Kinect on this site, I don't feel the need to defend all the time, only when I find the topic interesting.

Post /= voices, what are you on? like I said , several posts with the "as expected" from Sony fans. I'll be however I want about it, I calmly asked M.U.G.E.N and you were the one to blow it out of proportion.

ha ha you started it, there was no need to interigate him on what he said, granted im doing that to you, but only because i thought you where unfair on him, right im off to watch the walking dead, awesome programe btw incase you havnt seen it , taraa bit

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
De85 said:
dib8rman said:
donsterydo2 said:
Seece said:
FireBringer said:

Actually it isn't selling faster than "move", infact they (MS) lowered projections because of it. MS suffered better initial sales than Move did (week 1) but now they are on their same straw. I believe 360 owners are a little bit more protective of their tech and bought it than on Sony's camp. This is why they bought it on pre-order more so than the Move. But since these guys are gone from the market now, their sales will go stale just like the info says for data after week 1 so far. Once the buzz is gone, Kinect isn't anything special and won't sell as well as you think. Kinect is a snore fest, not ONE good game out nor coming out. Sad but true. I don't know a single person who bought the Kinect, and I know mess loads of 360 owners. Sorry, but I know this Kinect hype is just that, hype.. When the Black 360 revision came out, they all upgraded, and that sold well. None bought this, so I know it will die out flat in the water after the initial burst of sales. Not trying to hate, but people aren't gonna spend $150 for a stupid camera that costs $50 to make. Microsoft has to make the product a lot more appealing than it's now..

Never seen so much denial, rofl

He fails at so many levels :)

I agree with Firebringer =D, but he failed to remember that people bought the 360 regardless of all it's short comings.

A next gen machine that wasn't internet capable out the box, couldn't display in HD out of the box, to get it on the internet you needed to buy a proprietary dongle that would run your $100 extra dollars oh and $60 games =P.

The guys who baught 360 did so despite knowing that it could or actually would RROD on you to which you've probably lost a system and a game and that for the first two or three years Microsoft refused to acknowledge this issue.

People baught it despite all the issues that plauged the machine.

But firebringer hit the nail on the head, games... are the games our enough to warrent the purchases. If his speculation is true then nope =P.

I'm not sure what system you're talking about, because when I brought my xbox home I had it displaying in HD and logged into live that same day, without having purchased any extra equipment...

The first couple of years for the Xbox360 didnt come with Wi-fi. While Ps3 and even Wii did. Alas I won't argue facts like an opinion go do the research on your own time.

You said "to get it on the internet you needed to buy a proprietary dongle that would run your $100 extra dollars," yet I'M the one who needs to do research??? Guess you forgot about these bad boys...

Fail.

phinch1 said:
Seece said:
phinch1 said:

There are plenty defending Kinect on this site, I don't feel the need to defend all the time, only when I find the topic interesting.

Post /= voices, what are you on? like I said , several posts with the "as expected" from Sony fans. I'll be however I want about it, I calmly asked M.U.G.E.N and you were the one to blow it out of proportion.

ha ha you started it, there was no need to interigate him on what he said, granted im doing that to you, but only because i thought you where unfair on him, right im off to watch the walking dead, awesome programe btw incase you havnt seen it , taraa bit

"You started it" oh dear ... I asked him a question, nothing to do with you, certainly wasn't interrigating him.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83732

You might of seen some Kinect sales stats out there saying that in 10 days it sold over 1.3 million worldwide. Is it true? A contact at Microsoft had this to say about it:

Quote: We have not announced sales figures for Kinect yet, while these numbers are impressive and favorable for us, I would caution people to rely on figures coming from polling based methods versus actual retail sell-thru like NPD or our internal reporting directly from our retail partners. I can tell you that we are working hard to keep up with the very high demand for the product, retailers are re-stocking daily.

Don't believe everything you read out there.

Meltdowns galore.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
matt247 said:

You might of seen some Kinect sales stats out there saying that in 10 days it sold over 1.3 million worldwide. Is it true? A contact at Microsoft had this to say about it:

Quote: We have not announced sales figures for Kinect yet, while these numbers are impressive and favorable for us, I would caution people to rely on figures coming from polling based methods versus actual retail sell-thru like NPD or our internal reporting directly from our retail partners. I can tell you that we are working hard to keep up with the very high demand for the product, retailers are re-stocking daily.

This is VGC.  The numbers that are mostly discussed here are numbers from VGC.  In fact, this community wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the numbers provided by VGC.

If one doesn't want to use VGC numbers, there are plenty of other communities out there that don't that you can use.  In fact NeoGAF won't even let you mention the name of the site or risk being banned.

The Walking Dead is a good show. I watched it last night. Definitely worth checking out on AMC.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Darth Tigris said:
matt247 said:

This is VGC.  The numbers that are mostly discussed here are numbers from VGC.  In fact, this community wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the numbers provided by VGC.

If one doesn't want to use VGC numbers, there are plenty of other communities out there that don't that you can use.  In fact NeoGAF won't even let you mention the name of the site or risk being banned.

That's pretty funny. None of the numbers are truly accurate. Even NPD numbers aren't 100% accurate, as they do not get their numbers from EVERY retailer. So any number you get from VGC or NPD are likely to be lower then what they really are. We'll see if Microsoft can give us on numbers in the near future.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Sorry to go off topic here but to those of you talking about The Walking Dead, started a little thread about it a couple weeks ago. C'mon over if you want to discuss, http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=118801&page=1&str=313901685#

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

As expected, impressive numbers

lol why do you keep saying "as expected" as to sort of dampen its success?

to sort of dampen its success....

lolwut?

what's this 'dampen' talk you guys blabbering on about?

I expected it to show big numbers, it did, hence 'as expected'

do you two WANT people to say omg I never ever imagined it to do great numbers now? so you can do your "haaa haaa you were wrong' rants? sorry to disappoint I guess

seriously, you guys are as bad as those say "in your face for saying wii is doomedz' when people really didn't

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!