By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect - 1.3 million WW

Wow I must admit, I was baffled by the numbers, success was a guarantee and figured about 700K in this timeframe would have been the case, but the VGC estimates are quite impressive, if proven correct. When are the actual numbers coming out then?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

It still won't beat the unstoppable DS

Great numbers!!

Congrats to MS! Now show us the games!

I'll say 3.5 Millions sold before the end of the year.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

I didn't read through all the thread because there are too much quotations and "spam" discussion.

All I wanna know is how the podium looks.

Is kinect already ahead ps move or what?

AnthonyW86 said:

I guess 5 million might be possible after all,though the question is will there be enough supply? Playstation Move shipped 2.5 million in the first month, let's see if Microsoft can keep supply up enough to do the same, the demand certainly seems to be there.

move sold 2.5 controllers add ons whatever.  SO for all the people who bought two controllers or four is different then people buying 2.5 million kinects. you need two controllers for some games and more for friends. like boxing, four controllers for the game.

so lets go with two controllers per owner which is most likely being optimistic, thats only 1.25 million owners in one month and is most likely less owners then that. if we go by the game data it's a lot worse.

Kinect = one sold, one owner. no matter how much they want to twist the numbers. kinect is hugh and move is a wii rip off and people seem to think so.

Around the Network
XanderZane said:

I was thinking the same thing. I guess he doesn't realize that 720P is HD. Most of the PS3 games were running in this same resolution. Microsoft eventually upgrade the 360 to do 1080HD with software and then eventually native as well. You didn't need Wireless Wi-Fi to get on Xbox Live. It has a port for a ethernet cable. So yes, it was internet capable right out of the box. Always was. Microsoft address the RROD issue just a few months after it started happening.  Several of the games for Kinect are worth the purchase. Sony had to rush an enable OLDER PS3 games with MOVE support because they realized that almost ALL of their MOVE Launch titles were crap. Only SportChampions and EyePet were worth a look. Anyone play the incredibly awful Lights Out and Kung Fu Riders? Many of the other games have serious bad lag like Time Crisis. Microsoft does plan to add Kinect support to some of their games like Forza 3 and Fable III. They aren't going to rush it out the door those. It'll get done right.

While I do think it's pointless to argue about what was or was not lacking in the original 360 model, I do find fault with some of the things you said. 

First, you said that "Microsoft address(ed) the RROD issue just a few months after it started happening.  That's false.  For about a year after many of the claims of a high failure rate, MS denied these claims, saying the 360's failure rate was within industry standards (3-5%).  They also attributed to the vast claims of RROD as user fault.  It wasn't til July '07 that MS admited that RROD was in fact a hardware problem, while also extending the warranty to 3 yrs.  They hadn't fixed the problem until the release of the Jasper chip in '08, having apparently not stopped RROD with the Falcon chip.

Second, you said "Sony had to rush (to) enable OLDER PS3 games with MOVE support because they realized that almost ALL of their MOVE Launch titles were crap."  How did Sony "rush" to enable older PS3 games, when they announced most, if not all, over 6 months before their patches came out.  I don't think taking half a year to integrate Move into a game would be considered rushed.  Especially since if they were rushed, the Move controls would completely suck, which is not the case.

And finally, you asked, "Anyone play the incredibly awful Lights Out and Kung Fu Riders?"  Have you?  I played the demo for Kung Fu Riders.  The controls, though definitely not the best, actually work.  I wouldn't pay $40 for it, but then again, it's not my cup of tea.  The Fight, on the otherhand, is far from awful.  I should know, as I own it and have played it for several hours.  It's actually a damn fine game. 

M.U.G.E.N said:

ok and? I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do I have to 'say' what you 'want' me to say? Not gonna happen sadly

and needed? by what? whom? Seriously, this whole thing is just unnecessary

what I said was what I meant..I expected it to do well in these numbers and it did, nothing more nothing less...don't get so sensitive and paranoid over something like this

as expected, dont fall for it.

A Bad Clown said:

If MS was "loling" at VGchartz first numbers I'm sure the real numbers are even higher..

It's more likely MS hopes VGC numbers are accurate which may or may notbe. That why they stated 1.3m favorable, thus Kinect may be selling faster than what even MS expected.

I'm sure surprised by those numbers since I don't know anyone personally who is interested in Kinect. (I did think it sell big all during the holidays.) They seemed to be burned out on Wii Sports and it clones. I waste my money getting Move/ Sport Champian , no one but I have touch it and I've only played it a few hours. So I'm even more surprised Kinect Sports is selling almost twice as much as Dance Central.

Smidlee said:
A Bad Clown said:

If MS was "loling" at VGchartz first numbers I'm sure the real numbers are even higher..

It's more likely MS hopes VGC numbers are accurate which may or may notbe. That why they stated 1.3m favorable, thus Kinect may be selling faster than what even MS expected.

I'm sure surprised by those numbers since I don't know anyone personally who is interested in Kinect. (I did think it sell big all during the holidays.) They seemed to be burned out on Wii Sports and it clones. I waste my money getting Move/ Sport Champian , no one but I have touch it and I've only played it a few hours. So I'm even more surprised Kinect Sports is selling almost twice as much as Dance Central.

everyone that tried kinect at my house is interested in buying it. The tech proves it self.

spaceguy said:
Smidlee said:
A Bad Clown said:

everyone that tried kinect at my house is interested in buying it. The tech proves it self.

Well that explainit since everyone at your house is buying Kinects so they make up for my family and friends.