By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What direction should/will the Metroid franchise take?

I haven't managed to check out Other M yet, but I'd like to see a rendition that recaptures what made Super Metroid so special - the vague creepiness and sense of isolation, along with the wicked exploration of an interesting ecosystem etc.

Keep the cut scenes to a minimum, and the narrative as uninvasive as possible. Some 2D WiiWare goodness would be nice!

Around the Network

you just described the complete opposite of other m :(

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

I was afraid of that! I'll still check it out though. Because I'm a sucker.

If DKCR sales are through the roof, then I'm fully expecting Metroid to go sidescrolling again.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

A 2D Metroid in Super Metroid style (or better: NES metroid style). So non-linear you'll get lost in it. Absolute zero cutscenes, just shooting stuff is enough.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
forest-spirit said:

I think they should continue working with Team Ninja. Other M felt like a (re)introduction of Samus and imo it would be a shame if they stopped there.

Nintendo remaking Super Metroid for Wii2 or 3DS is another possibility.

I said it sometime yesterday: remake Super Metroid with the Other M playstyle.

It would blow minds

Yeah, it definitly blows my mind of disgust just thinking how they could destroy another Metroid with their crappy remakes (if you can call the abomination known as Zero Mission a remake)

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
Mr Khan said:
forest-spirit said:

I think they should continue working with Team Ninja. Other M felt like a (re)introduction of Samus and imo it would be a shame if they stopped there.

It would blow minds

Yeah, it definitly blows my mind of disgust just thinking how they could destroy another Metroid with their crappy remakes (if you can call the abomination known as Zero Mission a remake)

Wait, what was wrong with Zero Mission!?

(So many w's )

Beuli2 said:
Mr Khan said:
forest-spirit said:

It would blow minds

I mean a straighter remake than a re-invisioning. Take the world layout just as it was, the item progression, bosses, everything, but re-build it in 3D

Tell me that wouldn't blow your mind?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Cheebee said:

If DKCR sales are through the roof, then I'm fully expecting Metroid to go sidescrolling again.

I don't think one will have any real bearing on the other.  It's not like Retro's Metroids outsold Sakamoto's recent non-Metroid hits either (Rhythm Heaven, Tomodatchi Collection).

jarrod said:
Cheebee said:

I don't think one will have any real bearing on the other.  It's not like Retro's Metroids outsold Sakamoto's recent non-Metroid hits either (Rhythm Heaven, Tomodatchi Collection).

I don't think Sakamoto has anything to do with Nintendo deciding which direction to take with the next Metroid. If they think a 2D sidescroller would be best, they'll have a team make it, whether Sakamoto would approve or not.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046