By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Adventures to be a 20 million seller? (I'm dead serious)

Not happening. at least not anytime soon.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

Yeah it's a shame to see that Kinect Adventures will be tracked as a seperate software title, cause it shouldn't. You simply can't buy Kinect without getting this game with it, and you can't buy only the game anywhere, wich means it's simply not a seperate software title and so it shouldn't count. It's like counting the demo disc that comes with Move as a software title...

The same must be said for Wii Sports. Of course, that hasn't happened in the 4 years the Wii has been tracked by VGC, so its doubtful Adventures will be any different.

I think that 20 million for Adventures is possible if Microsoft doesn't pack-in a different title. I think that Kinect could sell that much by the end of next year. There are 40 million X360 owners out there now, and I'd imagine that quite a few new 360's will be sold with the Kinect bundle.

In another question: I wonder how much Microsoft makes on a $299 Slim bundle with Kinect....It has to be massive.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

If Xbox 360 sells 20 million more units from this year, maybe...who knows.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

LOL wow at the people that think this is impossible :-S

MS expect to ship 5 million over the next 8 weeks alone ...

they'll do that again next christmas with it's inevitable price cut ($99/£99 making it much more attractive)

Say it only manages 3 mill next Jan-Oct .. (again very low estimate ...) we're already up to 13 million by end of 2011.

and 20 mill is virtually impossible how?

Seece said:

they'll do that again next christmas with it's inevitable price cut ($99/£99 making it much more attractive)

Say it only manages 3 mill next Jan-Oct .. (again very low estimate ...) we're already up to 13 million by end of 2011.

i know right. they must be in denial

Around the Network

Dude are you aware that if it sells 10 M in 2011, it would have to manage almost 200k per week for the whole year. Sorry I don't see that happening. 10/12M is more likely.

Seece said:

Nintendo expects to surpass PS2.

Sony expects to become #1 on console race (again).

"expect" isn't a fact, its just what they want. But doesn't means it would become reality.

OT: Its possible. I don't think it would sell 20mill in 1 year, but maybe with 3 or 4 years.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Seece said:

"expect" isn't a fact, its just what they want. But doesn't means it would become reality.

OT: Its possible. I don't think it would sell 20mill in 1 year, but maybe with 3 or 4 years.

Links please.

Companys "expecting" something like outselling the PS2 ect is a long term thing, MS expecting (actually they know they're going to ship 5 mill over the next 8 weeks, is a much more immediate and easy thing to predict.

kitler53 said:

it's too early for me to have an opinion either way.  basically what you are saying is kinect sells 20M which certainly isn't unreasonable as long as as it catches on with the mainstream.  i think we'll have have a better idea come jan/feb when the xmas rush dies down. if kinect still posts 100k or more a week at that time (like wii fit did) then 20M will be easy.

this

even if 20M is NEVER easy !

Time to Work !

Seece said:
Pavolink said:
Seece said:

Links please.

Companys "expecting" something like outselling the PS2 ect is a long term thing, MS expecting (actually they know they're going to ship 5 mill over the next 8 weeks, is a much more immediate and easy thing to predict.

1. Nintendo expects to surpass PS2.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20070713070114.html#

2. Sony expects to become #1 on console race (again).

http://es.engadget.com/2010/08/27/sony-cree-que-ps3-superara-las-ventas-de-playstation-2-llegando/

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/444440/0/sony/longevidad/xbox/

Like I said before, expect (at long or short term) doesn't a fact.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile