By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Adventures to be a 20 million seller? (I'm dead serious)

We shouldn't be asking if Kinect Adventures will sell 20 million copies, we should be asking if Kinect anything else will. I'd say it's still not really understood whether the Xbox brand resonnates with the non-gaming consumer in the same way as Nintendo, and it's going to be at least a year until the peripheral can get into a position where it can sell games on it's own.

Around the Network

It will for sure as long as it remains bundled.

I think 10, maybe 12 would be a realistic figure if it catches on, but 20 million is definately a pipe dream

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

AnthonyW86 said:

Yeah it's a shame to see that Kinect Adventures will be tracked as a seperate software title, cause it shouldn't. You simply can't buy Kinect without getting this game with it, and you can't buy only the game anywhere, wich means it's simply not a seperate software title and so it shouldn't count. It's like counting the demo disc that comes with Move as a software title...

Do you think over 60M really bought Wii Sports?

If they do it with the Wii I don't see why they shouldn't do it with Kinect since it does get sold with the system.

What percentage of new 360 sales represents the kinect bundles?

Around the Network

Their are going to be more Kinect bundles in the future IMO.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

homer said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Yeah it's a shame to see that Kinect Adventures will be tracked as a seperate software title, cause it shouldn't. You simply can't buy Kinect without getting this game with it, and you can't buy only the game anywhere, wich means it's simply not a seperate software title and so it shouldn't count. It's like counting the demo disc that comes with Move as a software title...

I agree. I also think they should not have counted Wii sports as a software title(excluding the Japanese numbers). Btw, where can I see move and kinect sales numbers on this site, or does Vgchartz not display them?

Yeah if Kinect Adventures will be the only game bundled with Kinect for some time, what choice does the consumer have?  They see Kinect Adventures as a free game with Kinect.  So it probably means a lot less than some are hyping it to be.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Notorius.A.i.G said:

yeah, but when?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

yeah, but when?

My guess would be around next September. The earliest I can see it coming is April.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I think 10, maybe 12 would be a realistic figure if it catches on, but 20 million is definately a pipe dream

Dude, it is going to hit 10 million by this time next year.  Probably 12-15 million by the end of 2011 with a long shot at 20 million depending on the kinect 360 bundle to non-bundled ratio.