Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Adventures to be a 20 million seller? (I'm dead serious)

Barozi said:
Boutros said:

This thread was about sold to consumers by the end of 2012. VGC didn't have it at 20 million by then and so it didn't actually happen but it came much closer than I thought it would. So that was a great prediction by toastboy anyhow.

Well it's pretty obvious that it's undertracked. 4m on shelves is pretty much impossible.
But even if we only take VGC numbers, he was off by only 1.85%.

If that's the case, then it could end up at #11 for alltime. Would be pretty awesome if it manages to crack the top 10 but that's 26 million. So we'll see how it ends up. :) It would be nice to have 1 non-nintendo game in there. :/



Around the Network
donsterydo2 said:
This thread reminds me of the "When PS3 will outsell X360" one :p

Which one? The one from 2008, 2009,2010, 2011, 2012, or this year's?



superchunk said:
donsterydo2 said:
This thread reminds me of the "When PS3 will outsell X360" one :p

Which one? The one from 2008, 2009,2010, 2011, 2012, or this year's?

I see what you did there ;)

 

axumblade: Kinect will be at 26 m this year for 100%. It will probably hit 30 m next year if there will be a price cut on all X360 bundles.



I never give bundled games credit for being "sold" because they're given away with the product the consumer actually buys. I say they should be asterisked when they're put on lists for most copies sold.



You guys forgot that Kinect was also available for PC. 24 million = X360 + PC. Ofcourse the majority of the sales were for X360 and that is why we see a big gap between MS and Vgchartz.... (not that I say vgchartz is totally correct though)..



 

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
You guys forgot that Kinect was also available for PC. 24 million = X360 + PC. Ofcourse the majority of the sales were for X360 and that is why we see a big gap between MS and Vgchartz.... (not that I say vgchartz is totally correct though)..

Well Kinect for Windows released on February 1st 2012. The shipments from launch until December 2011 were 18m, we had it at 15m sold, so the difference was already there. Not sure if retailers ordered ~2m Kinect for Windows by then already.

Also last NPD Kinect numbers were revealed (for the month, not LTD) and they were twice as high in the US as we had it (50k vs. 100k). I wouldn't be surprised if that happened a lot more this and/or last year in the slower months.

EDIT: I just looked at the graph and it makes no sense. Goes from 10k a week from February and March to suddenly 4.5k in one week in April and now we have it back at 12.5k for the most recent week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Weekly&game[]=Kinect+Adventures!+%28X360%29+[45608]&game[]=&game[]=&game[]=



It's done, 20M.



Amazing! Next stop, outselling Gamecube lifetime sales :P



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

Homiez I was right you better all apologize to me



axumblade said:

If that's the case, then it could end up at #11 for alltime. Would be pretty awesome if it manages to crack the top 10 but that's 26 million. So we'll see how it ends up. :) It would be nice to have 1 non-nintendo game in there. :/

Great Job Toastboy44562!

Since it is such a big hit, it really makes me wonder why they aren't making a second for the new Xbox One.

In addition to being a rather fun physical game, it shows you how to use your Kinect, set it up, and stuff like that.  It's a great introductory Kinect game.  And I assume many people buying the Xbox One have not had a Kinect before.



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!