By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Adventures to be a 20 million seller? (I'm dead serious)

Boutros said:

This thread was about sold to consumers by the end of 2012. VGC didn't have it at 20 million by then and so it didn't actually happen but it came much closer than I thought it would. So that was a great prediction by toastboy anyhow.

Well it's pretty obvious that it's undertracked. 4m on shelves is pretty much impossible.
But even if we only take VGC numbers, he was off by only 1.85%.

Around the Network

I have been saying it Kinect will be very important and Kinect 2.0 is going to be very important for Xbox 720.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159358&page=1

donsterydo2 said:
This thread reminds me of the "When PS3 will outsell X360" one :p

Which one? The one from 2008, 2009,2010, 2011, 2012, or this year's?

superchunk said:
donsterydo2 said:
This thread reminds me of the "When PS3 will outsell X360" one :p

Which one? The one from 2008, 2009,2010, 2011, 2012, or this year's?

I see what you did there ;)

axumblade: Kinect will be at 26 m this year for 100%. It will probably hit 30 m next year if there will be a price cut on all X360 bundles.

I never give bundled games credit for being "sold" because they're given away with the product the consumer actually buys. I say they should be asterisked when they're put on lists for most copies sold.

Around the Network

You guys forgot that Kinect was also available for PC. 24 million = X360 + PC. Ofcourse the majority of the sales were for X360 and that is why we see a big gap between MS and Vgchartz.... (not that I say vgchartz is totally correct though)..

Lostplanet22 said:
You guys forgot that Kinect was also available for PC. 24 million = X360 + PC. Ofcourse the majority of the sales were for X360 and that is why we see a big gap between MS and Vgchartz.... (not that I say vgchartz is totally correct though)..

Well Kinect for Windows released on February 1st 2012. The shipments from launch until December 2011 were 18m, we had it at 15m sold, so the difference was already there. Not sure if retailers ordered ~2m Kinect for Windows by then already.

Also last NPD Kinect numbers were revealed (for the month, not LTD) and they were twice as high in the US as we had it (50k vs. 100k). I wouldn't be surprised if that happened a lot more this and/or last year in the slower months.

EDIT: I just looked at the graph and it makes no sense. Goes from 10k a week from February and March to suddenly 4.5k in one week in April and now we have it back at 12.5k for the most recent week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Weekly&game[]=Kinect+Adventures!+%28X360%29+[45608]&game[]=&game[]=&game[]=

It's done, 20M.

Amazing! Next stop, outselling Gamecube lifetime sales :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Homiez I was right you better all apologize to me