By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP! (Nov. 1-7)

Kynes said:

Are we already seeing pre-Christmas boosts?

I'm going way off topic here but AWESOME SIG!!! :)

Around the Network

Americas WOW increase consoles:

Xbox 360: 81%

Wii: 17%

PS3: 7%

Note: ioi is actually horribly undertracking Kinect by about 6,642% so the actual numbers of Xbox 360 sales are much much higher.

Edit: I forgot to mention that next week the sales will drop to near zero because pretty much every person in America has one.

Tease.

Reach said:
leatherhat said:

If sales are this close now, there is no doubt in my mind that when ps3 hits 199 it will be first worldwide consistently without any significant competition

Dont think so.

Mostly Xbox´s are selling at 400$ much higher than Ps3.

What? Isn't the most expensive xbox 300 bucks with kinect and the cheapest is 199?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Wasn't the Red Wii released until November 7 in America? If true, then it's not included in these numbers

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

These US numbers may not even be correct, especially with Mr. Green's response to this sites predicted numbers already. We all may need to wait until Microsoft gives out their official numbers. Anyway, next week should be a spanking of the competition for Microsoft worldwide, except for that tiny island called Japan....

Paul

Around the Network

so does this calculation make sense?

wii had a 17% boost and ps3 had a 7% boost since last week which most be due to the holidays kicking in.  So if we assume that the 360 would have a normal 15% holiday boost then the rest of this weeks boost must be due to kinect meaning kinect sold a ballpark of 75,000 consoles to new users.  therefore, since kinect kinect adventures sold 479,992 units then kinects demographics are:

~16% new users and ~84% sold to existing users.

...not bad, not bad at all especially for first week sales.

CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:
Reach said:
leatherhat said:

If sales are this close now, there is no doubt in my mind that when ps3 hits 199 it will be first worldwide consistently without any significant competition

Dont think so.

Mostly Xbox´s are selling at 400$ much higher than Ps3.

What? Isn't the most expensive xbox 300 bucks with kinect and the cheapest is 199?

The most expensive is $400 with Kinect, but there's no way of knowing right now which bundle sold more. So all he (we) can do is speculate.

Either way, when ps3 hits 199 its gonna blow by the competition 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Congrats Microsoft.  Great numbers all around.  Awesome Holiday sales kicking in.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I´m also impressed by goldeneye numbers on wii and the fact the it outsold kinect sports (though sports will have way bigger legs). And am I the olly one shocked at just dance 2 beating dance central at launch? I really thought DC would beat JD2

EDIT: I forgot that the kinect games are just for america. 

Very impressive boost from Kinect, espcially by the fact that it's only in one region. But I won't believe these figures before the quarter reports from now on.