By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP! (Nov. 1-7)

This Week Black Ops and Kinect on EU and we will See 360 even higher...

Kinect boost amazing , next weeks will be insane!

Around the Network
Kynes said:

Are we already seeing pre-Christmas boobs?

fixed :P

can't stoop looking at those >_>

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Xbox 360 -- VERY nice boost with Kinect....next week it'll be interesting to see if it stays stable or rises even more. The EU kinect boost should come in next week too

PS3 -- Excellent sales....good rise.....I'd like to see YOY numbers before I comment more on it TBH

Wii -- Good boost in EU due to Red Wii...but how long?

DS -- "Inserts usual amazing comment"

PSP - Unfair

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

360 is the only one up compared to the same week last year.

No PS3 titles in the top 10 software.

PSP is DOA.

The holiday battle has begun with no clear winner yet.

Lord N said:

That's hardly anything. I know most people are going to say that Kinect has only been available for 2-3 days, but most sales take place during the first 2-3 days.

The three home systems are in a virtual tie with the biggest gap being 29K.

Kinect and Move might be making a little noise right now, but they've just been released and it's the holiday season. Their impact will fade after the holidays are over.

I had no idea Wii sold 75 million consoles in it's first 2-3 days it was on sale where have I been living.

Overall Good sales for Kinect.

Around the Network
Lord N said:

That's hardly anything. I know most people are going to say that Kinect has only been available for 2-3 days, but most sales take place during the first 2-3 days.

I'd disagree. For software that's definitely the case (especially on the 360) but as far as a hardware launch goes, this is a pretty good opening. Wii sales actually picked up as word made its way around about a user friendly and intuitive play scheme. Kinect should see a similar effect (and a holiday boost bonus) meaning sales should only go up from here for the holiday season. Plus it'll be launching in many new regions in the coming weeks.

However I do agree sales will definitely drop off after the holiday season. I don't think anyone expects sales of the motion gaming peripherals to continue at holiday rates after the holidays are over. To what extent the drop will be is unknowable. I'd look to the Wii's holiday falloffs for some information before predicting.

Poor PSP, everything else above 300k, whilst it's not even at 50% of that.

Also interesting to see Wii and 360 within 7k of each other given what's happened this week...

VGChartz

I say the psp should be proud of itself, most succesful non-nintendo handheld ever, and not by a little but by a lot.  May not do much now, but congrats for actually giving nintendo some competiton.

What can I say, it makes me laugh.

NeoRatt said:

360 is the only one up compared to the same week last year.

No PS3 titles in the top 10 software.

PSP is DOA.

The holiday battle has begun with no clear winner yet.

DOA?  Since when is "arrival" defined as "5 years after release"?

All 3 above 300k, nice!

And the Kinect boost was a bit higher than I thought, very impressive sales.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3