By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP! (Nov. 1-7)

*Sound Of Rain said:
psrock said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
psrock said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Wii and 360 are both doing amazing considering that both Red Wii and Kinect are only out in 1 region. Red Wii releases in America and Japan next week so I expect a big boost...Kinect is out in Others next week so I expect a big boost for 360 as well. Wii and 360 should both be over 400K next week. I expect PS3 to be at about 370K next week.

Also why does America hate PS3 so much as its only 99K just missing the 100K mark. Also why is everyone saying that PS3 should be #1 the week ending November 27th? That is Black Friday week and clearly PS3 doesn't receive as much love as 360 and Wii in America. I know G.T.5 comes out on the 24th but will it be that big...? I wasn't on this site back in the PS1-PS2 gens so how much did Gran Turismo 1-4 boost PS/PS2 sales?

wii and 360 are doing great although they have Kinect and Red Wii but PS3 which has nothing special out,  sells about the same as them, is somehow not doing great?

Get over yourself, All the consoles are doing well, and 99k during Kinect release is amazing to me.

I was asking a real question...I never said that the PS3 did bad this week Lol! PS3 has had something its called Move and you as a PS3 fan should know that.

Move has been in the market for months now, if anything the time of the year is the reason the PS3 went up. And your question was about GT5 selling consoles, not acting like PS3 was 33k short of 360 with Kinect out is not a good thing.

I was looking in terms of the future as in when Red Wii and Kinect are released worldwide PS3 will need something big so I was asking if G.T.5 would be big enough...in my personal opinion the 360 and Wii will sell way more than PS3 this Holiday with PS3 picking up sales in 2011 but again its just my opinion.

I also believe the PS3 might come 3rd too, but not that far behind the 360. And you were talking about last week.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Why does everyone think the PS3 is undertracked? I think if anything it's overtracked in EMEAA. Maybe it's just me, but I  find it a bit hard to believe that the PS3 has sold 180k units just in Europe and the much smaller game markets in a single week.

Europe, Australia, and smaller markets. And I think you fail to understand exactly how big of an impact sales in developing regions can have, especially if they're experiencing rather dramatic percentage growth. Here's an example, From April 2007 to March 2010 PS3 only sold a mere 50k total in India. Then from April to June it sold 25k, increasing it's install base by a whopping 50% in the space of 3 months and Sony expects that to increase to 140k by the end of the fiscal year. For all intents and purposes this is essentially an additional 1.5k sales per week that it wasn't doing before and that's only in one country. Sony have said that they're experiencing similar growth in Latin America and the Middle East and have recently begun to translate some titles into Arabic and Portuguese. Where do you think the vast majority of the 4.5 million PS2s that have shipped so far this year are going? And in regards to the crazy European sales, I'll refer you to my sig. The bottom link. Seems like natural holiday increases based on what it was doing a few weeks before. Maybe with a pinch of GT5 anticipation thrown in.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
yo_john117 said:
ethomaz said:

Hummm...

PS360 gap this week equal 30k... so after future adjustments PS3 > 360 is possible.

Waiting next quarter.

Lulz, you and your adjustments

Never disappointment me.

I'll bet that we have an adjustment in the oppoosite direction.  Widening this gap.

What do you mean? PS3 overtracked and 360 undertracked?

360 could be undertracked a little but PS3 is way more.

I will revisit this thread in future.

yawn

I had the same reaction few weeks ago (PS3 undertacked a LOT).

Ldn.se said:
zuvuyeay said:
SingStar Dance (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
1 10,101 10,101
its already out,you'd think they'd have an advert with everyone dancing seeing how popular the genre is,maybe they have

Ordered it today. Having a party next weekend. Might put it on when everyone is drunk.

good,the party season is upon us

let us know how it goes down

Above & Beyond

I forgot to update the Holiday sales...Holiday sales week 3:

#3: 360__743K

#2: Wii__771K

#1: PS3__806K

360 is behind Wii by 28K and behind PS3 by 63K

Wii is behind PS3 by 35K

Holiday week 4: The week ending the 13th has Kinect releasing in Others, Red Wii releasing in America and Japan, and Black Ops releasing in both America and Others.