By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MrT-Tar said:

I never quite get the 'my Wii is collecting dust' thing that goes around, considering I spend at least 6x as much time on my Wii compared to my PS3 (which ironically sits unused for weeks)

i think 2009 though was a bad year in terms of wii support. Im also one of those who spends more time on their wii, but it's probably cause i looove platformers, and nobody does them better than nintendo

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
MrT-Tar said:

I never quite get the 'my Wii is collecting dust' thing that goes around, considering I spend at least 6x as much time on my Wii compared to my PS3 (which ironically sits unused for weeks)

i think 2009 though was a bad year in terms of wii support. Im also one of those who spends more time on their wii, but it's probably cause i looove platformers, and nobody does them better than nintendo

Yeah, 2009 was pretty bad overall... looking back the only games I really loved were NSMB, Muramasa, Klonoa, HOTD Overkill and Little King's Story, and out of those Mario's the only one that's not super niche (and at all likely to get played by the general gaming populace).  I liked the NPC retrofits too (Pikmin, DKJB, Retroid Trilogy) but people in general definitely passed those over.

2007, 2008 and (especially) 2010 have all been packed with stuff by comparison imo.

jarrod said:
kopstudent89 said:
MrT-Tar said:

Yeah, 2009 was pretty bad overall... looking back the only games I really loved were NSMB, Muramasa, Klonoa, HOTD Overkill and Little King's Story, and out of those Mario's the only one that's not super niche (and at all likely to get played by the general gaming populace).  I liked the NPC retrofits too (Pikmin, DKJB, Retroid Trilogy) but people in general definitely passed those over.

2007, 2008 and (especially) 2010 have all been packed with stuff by comparison imo.

2010 has been a good year for 1st party games by nintendo. But in terms of sales impact unfortunately the likes of kirby, donkey kong, SMG2, adn even surprisingly wii party wont be the same as previous years. A great lineup for the holidays though with the platformers i gotta say

amp316 said:

Yeah, it has great games and controls but what about the graphics???

Of course Wii can never equal or surpass the AAA titles on PS3 and 360 in graphics but they can come semi close if the developer puts the time into it.  MH3 is a good example.  It is one of the best looking Wii games (definitely one of the top best looking 3rd party games on Wii).  The graphics in MH3 are probably on par (or near) with most 360/PS3 games.  If the developers spent more time/energy then I am sure there could be plenty of Wii games that come close to 360/PS3 in terms of graphics.  I will take game play and controls over graphics but I am not going to lie graphics do help a lot.

I like my Wii.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
amp316 said:

Of course Wii can never equal or surpass the AAA titles on PS3 and 360 in graphics but they can come semi close if the developer puts the time into it.  MH3 is a good example.  It is one of the best looking Wii games (definitely one of the top best looking 3rd party games on Wii).  The graphics in MH3 are probably on par (or near) with most 360/PS3 games.  If the developers spent more time/energy then I am sure there could be plenty of Wii games that come close to 360/PS3 in terms of graphics.  I will take game play and controls over graphics but I am not going to lie graphics do help a lot.

I know seth and was just being sarcastic. 

I'd rather play Wii Sports than Crysis any day of the week.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
sethnintendo said:
amp316 said:

I know seth and was just being sarcastic. 

I'd rather play Wii Sports than Crysis any day of the week.

Ah damn you got me.  I should have known....   You got Goldeneye yet?  I've played mainly online mode of it so far.  I've had a lot of fun with it on the online modes.  I'll probably try to finish the offline mode during Thanksgiving holidays when I get a few days off work.

I'm well satisfied with the lineup, there are WAY too many great games for me to even consider buying them all, let alone find the time to play them. Some people who whine about Wii's games are just trolling.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

carmina :(

also in this thread: list warzzz, purchase validation

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka