By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

For me, wii is far from games. I think I am actually getting depressed with these games I've bought. Even brawl did not make an impression. I had high hopes for that one.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

If you want platformers go and look up some PSN/XBLA games.

Many of them are on par with Wii platformers (aside from the Mario games):

Limbo, Braid, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, N plus, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Trine

to name only a few.

This can be viewed both positively and negatively to a degree. Especially for someone such as myself who favors platformers over every other genre of game. I have Braid, I have Limbo, I have 'Splosion Man and others (Castlevania, Mega Man, Banjo etc.), I'm getting N , Shadow Complex, and Bionic Commando Rearmed. My problem is these games always seem to be relegated to the online store, and end up being rather short and lacking in multiplayer features and achievements. That's not to say they're bad or worse than the retail platformers available on the Wii, just that they're relatively small in scope, whereas the retail games such as Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Wario Land: The Shake Dimension last so much longer.

I just don't understand what's stopping devs from putting out full retail platformers on the X360, especially when they're so prevalent on the Wii.

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:

I just don't understand what's stopping devs from putting out full retail platformers on the X360, especially when they're so prevalent on the Wii.

The fact that those kind of games would not sell good enough on 360.

Antabus said:

For me, wii is far from games. I think I am actually getting depressed with these games I've bought. Even brawl did not make an impression. I had high hopes for that one.

Yikes, depressed?? Maybe It's time to sell your Wii..

Don't worry, if you still want the motion controls, Sony's gotcha covered with its Move and Sports Champions.

IxisNaugus said:
Barozi said:

If you want platformers go and look up some PSN/XBLA games.

Many of them are on par with Wii platformers (aside from the Mario games):

Limbo, Braid, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, N plus, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Trine

to name only a few.

This can be viewed both positively and negatively to a degree. Especially for someone such as myself who favors platformers over every other genre of game. I have Braid, I have Limbo, I have 'Splosion Man and others (Castlevania, Mega Man, Banjo etc.), I'm getting N , Shadow Complex, and Bionic Commando Rearmed. My problem is these games always seem to be relegated to the online store, and end up being rather short and lacking in multiplayer features and achievements. That's not to say they're bad or worse than the retail platformers available on the Wii, just that they're relatively small in scope, whereas the retail games such as Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Wario Land: The Shake Dimension last so much longer.

Yeah, I also find myself buying far more XBL arcade games these days than full retail games, both Xbox 360 and even Wii. Braid, Turtles in Time, Castle Crashers, South Park Tower Defence, Toy Soilders, Laura Croft, TMNT, Geometry Wars, Shadow Complex, Scott Pilgrim, etc.. These are closer to how games SHOULD be. No cinematic BS and linearity, just pure gameplay action. I find I am having a lot more fun and replay value with these, and for 1/5th the price!

I dunno personally I think something is very wrong when the smaller $10 digital games are more fun than most $60 full retail games.

I find it funny that MS seems to be trying to emulate the success of Wii with their Kinect, using all the wrong ideals, when all they need to do to get near Wii level game sales is release a quality 2D platformer or action game.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

Don't worry, if you still want the motion controls, Sony's gotcha covered with its Move and Sports Champions.

Well, I do still play wii fit and wsr bowling. I did not mean that the games are depressing, that would be something.... else. I just had very high expectations on some games which have had great reviews and when I play them, I just don't see the appeal. That is depressing, not the games...

I didn't read your post, but just for the Carmina reference I support whatever it is you're selling.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Agreed

Antabus said:
Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

Well, I do still play wii fit and wsr bowling. I did not mean that the games are depressing, that would be something.... else. I just had very high expectations on some games which have had great reviews and when I play them, I just don't see the appeal. That is depressing, not the games...

Which games?  Super Mario Galaxies? Brawl? Mario Kart?  I assuming you were mainly dissapointed with Nintendo's first party games in general since not that many 3rd party games get the best reviews.  I feel that Nintendo has done a pretty good job supporting the Wii.  They have used most of their ips except for F-Zero, Star Fox, and Pikmin (probably a few more also).  Some might not like the way they used some of their ips (Metroid) but I believe Nintendo has shown their true form with NSMB Wii and DKC Returns.  Mario Kart Wii was a blast for me but I was disspointed that I don't have too many friends that enjoy Smash anymore (which has limited my playtime since Smash online is a little laggy for my tastes).

sethnintendo said:
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

Which games?  Super Mario Galaxies? Brawl? Mario Kart?  I assuming you were mainly dissapointed with Nintendo's first party games in general since not that many 3rd party games get the best reviews.  I feel that Nintendo has done a pretty good job supporting the Wii.  They have used most of their ips except for F-Zero, Star Fox, and Pikmin (probably a few more also).  Some might not like the way they used some of their ips (Metroid) but I believe Nintendo has shown their true form with NSMB Wii and DKC Returns.  Mario Kart Wii was a blast for me but I was disspointed that I don't have too many friends that enjoy Smash anymore (which has limited my playtime since Smash online is a little laggy for my tastes).

SMG 1, Brawl, Zelda, Metroid 3, Little king's story, NMH2 and Madworld. I'm not touching mario kart. :P I don't know what to think, because I can almost always see the appeal on high rated games even though I migh not like them that much.