By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will be the highest selling game of 2008?

GTA 4 will be out by the end of april, SSBB will not be out until June at the earliest in europe, giving it only 6 months of sales. As the combined user base of PS360 is bigger than wii, everyone loves GTA and will buy consoles for it and there will be a price drop at that time, and the PS3 will get a boost from MGS 4, causing more new owners to get GTA with their console, GTA will sell more

Around the Network

1) Brawl
2) Wii Fit
3) GTA4 cobined

Munkeh111 said:
GTA 4 will be out by the end of april, SSBB will not be out until June at the earliest in europe, giving it only 6 months of sales. As the combined user base of PS360 is bigger than wii, everyone loves GTA and will buy consoles for it and there will be a price drop at that time, and the PS3 will get a boost from MGS 4, causing more new owners to get GTA with their console, GTA will sell more

well you need to remember that SSBB will also sell consoles and nity will even increase production more so it will be very close

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Epic bump!

Anyone wanna change their answer to GTA to avoid being wrong? There's still time :)

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Epic bump!

Anyone wanna change their answer to GTA to avoid being wrong? There's still time :)

Nah.  I expect huge first week sales.  Then a giagantic drop off.  I think it'll be up there, and MAYBE best selling of 08, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

WiiFit

loadedstatement said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Epic bump!

Nah.  I expect huge first week sales.  Then a giagantic drop off.  I think it'll be up there, and MAYBE best selling of 08, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Gigantic drop off? San Andreas is still in the American top 100 for god sakes! This franchise has some of the best legs in the business.

I have no idea why everyone on this site pretends that GTA isn't that big a deal.

1. GTA4

2. Gears 2

3.MGS4

4. Resistance 2

LongLiveTheBeatles said:

1. GTA4

2. Gears 2

3.MGS4

4. Resistance 2

Your a funny funny guy.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
loadedstatement said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Epic bump!

Nah. I expect huge first week sales. Then a giagantic drop off. I think it'll be up there, and MAYBE best selling of 08, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Gigantic drop off? San Andreas is still in the American top 100 for god sakes! This franchise has some of the best legs in the business.

I have no idea why everyone on this site pretends that GTA isn't that big a deal.

Some people just don't know what they are talking about...

I'd say Grand Theft Auto 4, easily. Being on two platforms will spread it to sales like none we've seen before.