By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The NBA discussion thread

xeroxm3 said:

The Clips BEAT THE HEAT W00t! Who watched this game? It was a great one from the get go with 44 points in the first quarter for the Clips. The future is now and Blake Griffin's showing the league what's up.

Clippers are 8 - 3 in their last 11. Their definitely having a turnaround.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

CLIPPERS! First the Heat and now the Lakers? Everybody in the NBA better watch their backs because the Clippers have become Giant Killers.

Celtics win! What a tough match, Orlando really killed us with their 3 pointers, luckily Ray started getting them in the last quarter. Rondo marvelous as always, and it's great to have KG back, we really felt his absence during the past games

xeroxm3 said:

CLIPPERS! First the Heat and now the Lakers? Everybody in the NBA better watch their backs because the Clippers have become Giant Killers.

I can't help but root for the clippers.  They've been terrible for so long (One playoff season in the last 15 I think?) that it's good for those fans to have an exciting player like Blake Griffin.  It's not just him though.  Gordon and Jordan are great young core pieces.  Will they stay though?  That's the question.  I don't remember a rookie dominating like Griffin does.  Not since I've been watching the NBA at least.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

I think that now that the playoffs are approaching it's time to give this one a new life instead of creating a new thread altogether. So, what are your expectations? I've been very worried with the celts lately, we're not playing like we used to, a lot of people say it's due to the Perk trade, but it's more to that, they're not motivated, they do mistakes they didn't do before.

I think I'll name my season awards winners (MVP and such) later when I have more time

Around the Network

Celtics all the way Mission 1825

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

Celtics all the way Mission 1825

Wait, you're a celtic fan? I like you

Ha, finally this thread is brought back ! For a time I was the one who had to try and keep it going. Anyways ...

I'm cheering for the Heat and Blazers. I can see the Blazers upsetting the Mavericks. Actually, I'm counting on them to upset the Mavericks. They have it rough if they pass the Mavs since they'll most likely be battling LA. That is going to be a dirty, gritty, and fun matchup. As for the Heat, I don't know what to expect from them. Can their bigs battle with other bigs ? I mean offensively they're lacking but defense is another thing. Can they contain Rondo or Rose for seven games ? Will Lebron or Wade close out the games ? Who's there go - to - guy in the half court ? They have many questions surronding their ability to beat quality teams but I can very much see them making the Finals.

Award Winners ( IMO )

Most Valuable Player : Dwight Howard
Defensive Player Of The Year : Dwight Howard
Rookie Of The Year : Blake Griffin
Most Improved Of The Year : Derrick Rose
Sixth Man Of The Year : Lamar Odom
Coach Of The Year : Tom Thibadeau

Mine

Most Valuable Player : Derrick Rose
Defensive Player Of The Year : Dwight Howard (I dunno who should win it, so I'm gonna go with the consensus)
Rookie Of The Year : Evan Turner Blake Griffin
Most Improved Player : Kevin Love (I called it at the start of the season)
Sixth Man Of The Year : Will be Odom, but I give the nod to Big Baby
Coach Of The Year : Will prolly be Thibodeau, but my pick is Doug Collins