By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The NBA discussion thread

chris212223 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Amazing, simply awesome match. I'm not a fan of the Knicks, but I really do appreciate the way they approach the game, it simply makes up for some incredible games. We were lucky to get a win, you really have to salute the Knicks for the way they played.

11 and counting

Yeah seriously the Knicks are forreal and im not a knicks fan either lol but idk that stoudemire shot shoulda counted =P 

Nah, it was well past the time. To be honest, I don't know why they celebrated it so much, they were setting themselves for a disappointment, it was so clear past the buzzer that I was at first very surprised when they started celebrating

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
chris212223 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Amazing, simply awesome match. I'm not a fan of the Knicks, but I really do appreciate the way they approach the game, it simply makes up for some incredible games. We were lucky to get a win, you really have to salute the Knicks for the way they played.

11 and counting

Yeah seriously the Knicks are forreal and im not a knicks fan either lol but idk that stoudemire shot shoulda counted =P 

Nah, it was well past the time. To be honest, I don't know why they celebrated it so much, they were setting themselves for a disappointment, it was so clear past the buzzer that I was at first very surprised when they started celebrating

yeah i know i was joking lol it was definately past the buzzer but i guess they celebrated to maybe make the illusion that it was on time lol

chris212223 said:
zexen_lowe said:
chris212223 said:
zexen_lowe said:

11 and counting

yeah i know i was joking lol it was definately past the buzzer but i guess they celebrated to maybe make the illusion that it was on time lol

Well, I can understand that years ago when there were no replay consulting, but now? They weren't able to influence the ref's decision in any way

zexen_lowe said:
chris212223 said:

Well, I can understand that years ago when there were no replay consulting, but now? They weren't able to influence the ref's decision in any way

As a Spurs fan, I *know* what can happen in .4 seconds...

IF Fish can catch a pass at the elbow, turn mid-air and throw up a 17 footer, how can Stoudemire NOT catch and shoot in the same amount of time?

All that beig said, I didn't really care who won last night's game as I'm neither a Celtics or Knicks fan or hater.  It was a really good game, and STATs shot was clearly late. 

The Celtics have 4 hall-of-famers on thier roster, an up and coming point guard, championship experience and a ton of depth.  They will be hard to beat in any seven game series, and the only way I see it happening by a team in the east is if one of those teams develops a ton of chemistry and has at least one guy with the killer instinct in him.  No easy task.

In the west the Lakers also have proven championship experience, a line-up that is a match-up nightmare (Gasol, Bynum and Odom are diverse, long players each with different skill sets) and some guy named Kobe.  Counting them out would be silly. 

Dallas is also playing real well right now, and even though I'm a spurs fan, I don't hate the Mavericks; I respect Nowitizki's skill set and Jason Kidd is still playing at a high-level.  Jet is a two-bit punk with a good shot, but honestly, It's just him I don't care for, not the whole team. Probably because the playoff matchup in recent years is pretty even.

I won't talk about the spurs right now...I ain't jinxing anything.

WOW, I had lots to say apparently.

If I was D'Antoni, though, I would've thrown an alley oop directly so someone tipped it, much like the Suns did to the Grizzlies this season, it'd be a less risky play than betting on someone catching and shooting in less than 0.4

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
zexen_lowe said:
chris212223 said:

As a Spurs fan, I *know* what can happen in .4 seconds...

IF Fish can catch a pass at the elbow, turn mid-air and throw up a 17 footer, how can Stoudemire NOT catch and shoot in the same amount of time?

All that beig said, I didn't really care who won last night's game as I'm neither a Celtics or Knicks fan or hater.  It was a really good game, and STATs shot was clearly late. 

The Celtics have 4 hall-of-famers on thier roster, an up and coming point guard, championship experience and a ton of depth.  They will be hard to beat in any seven game series, and the only way I see it happening by a team in the east is if one of those teams develops a ton of chemistry and has at least one guy with the killer instinct in him.  No easy task.

In the west the Lakers also have proven championship experience, a line-up that is a match-up nightmare (Gasol, Bynum and Odom are diverse, long players each with different skill sets) and some guy named Kobe.  Counting them out would be silly. 

Dallas is also playing real well right now, and even though I'm a spurs fan, I don't hate the Mavericks; I respect Nowitizki's skill set and Jason Kidd is still playing at a high-level.  Jet is a two-bit punk with a good shot, but honestly, It's just him I don't care for, not the whole team. Probably because the playoff matchup in recent years is pretty even.

I won't talk about the spurs right now...I ain't jinxing anything.

WOW, I had lots to say apparently.

As a Jazz fan, let me go ahead and jinx you guys.  The San Antonio Spurs are the best team in the league and have proven that they have what it takes to stay elite in the west despite an aging group of stars.  There.  I feel so much better now. (-:

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

ARRGHHH JOahkim Noah is gonna be out for 8-10 weeks!!! Dammit, just when the Bulls are all healthy and all cylinders clicking.. Oh well, they've got a pretty nice record built up and a pretty easy schedule for the next month.

In other news, that Knicks Boston game officially convinced me the Knicks are for real this year, even though they lost (by litterally a split second). I didn't want to believe it but Amare is really stepping up. Would be fun to see a renewed Bulls Knicks rivalry.

Umos-Cmos said:

As a Jazz fan, let me go ahead and jinx you guys.  The San Antonio Spurs are the best team in the league and have proven that they have what it takes to stay elite in the west despite an aging group of stars.  There.  I feel so much better now. (-:

HAHA - that's not right man. NOT RIGHT AT ALL!  HAHA.

Man I don't think we play y'all again till late January.  We'll both know a lot more about our teams by then!

Metallicube said:

ARRGHHH JOahkim Noah is gonna be out for 8-10 weeks!!! Dammit, just when the Bulls are all healthy and all cylinders clicking.. Oh well, they've got a pretty nice record built up and a pretty easy schedule for the next month.

In other news, that Knicks Boston game officially convinced me the Knicks are for real this year, even though they lost (by litterally a split second). I didn't want to believe it but Amare is really stepping up. Would be fun to see a renewed Bulls Knicks rivalry.

He also has 9 games in a row with 30 points thats not just stepping up thats like going through a whole flight of stairs lol. I also think he'll be in talks for MVP contention as well

chris212223 said:

He also has 9 games in a row with 30 points thats not just stepping up thats like going through a whole flight of stairs lol. I also think he'll be in talks for MVP contention as well

I disagree, not because he doesn't deserve it, but the MVP most of the time goes to the star of the best team record-wise, or one of the best teams, while I do think the Knicks are gonna get to the playoffs and post a winning record, I'll think they'll settle for 48-50 wins or so and that'll rule Amar'e out. Unfair, because he's doing a lot to get it, but that's how the award is...

If he and Dallas keep it like this, Dirk has all the tickets for it