By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Look at 2008

BengaBenga said:
On GTA4: This game will single handedly destroy the PS3. It will be massive on the 360, with extra content and a cheaper console. 360 already has a positive buzz, with Halo 3, BioShock and Gears of war, all games that appeal to a huge part of the PS2 owners that will make the step to current-gen with GTA4. Sony doesn't have anything to offer once the game arrives (maybe MGS4 will be there) that comes close to 360's amazing line-up.
If MS is smart they lower the price before GTA4. Sony cannot match that because of angry shareholders.

LBP: I dont think it will be massive, it will be more like a cult game. Something for the fans, not casuals.

360 will keep outselling PS3 ww next year.

Absolutely right. The X360 price drop will come right in time for GTA4.

The X360 will sell 10 million worldwide in 2008.

Little Big Planet won't do anything significant for the PS3 (and we'll hear the usual excuses from Sonny-fans: "com'on, it's a new IP", "it didn't get proper marketing", "it'll have strong legs").

MGS4 will only be a timed exclusive for the PS3, and by the time it is released people already know it's coming out on the X360 too.

Killzone 2 will flop and is another financial disaster á la Heavenly Sword and Lair for the PS3.

Final Fantasies XIII won't come out until 2009.

Around the Network

Top things to watch for:

Wii - Nintendo starts making real games instead of non-games like Wii Fit.

DS - Nintencatz.

PS3 - HD-DVD deathwatch comes to an end.

XBox360 - The next big FPS.

PSP - Sales of games exceed sales of memory sticks.

@benga beng

if HALO 3 managed to NOT DESTROY the Ps3 this year

I really DOUBT GTA IV

+ PS3 has had HUGE negativity this year...I see that slowly going

as I have said

if 360 COULDN'T DESTROY PS3 in SALES this year...it never will

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

All of the 360 fans can keep telling themselves killzone 2 will flop, but the reality is it will most likely sell well over a million quite quickly since there will be a higher install base by then.

for final fantasy 13, i'd rather see it out late and really good, then out quickly but a lousy game. I bet it'll be out like Q4 2008.

Metal Gear Solid = 1-2 million for ps3, unlikely 360 will get it, if they do hopefully EA gets the responsibility of porting it over to 360 so they can F it up! HAHA just like they F***** up the orange box for ps3!

Wow thats just 3 good games coming out next year and all 360 owners say is they will all flop or come out late or be timed exclusives, etc.

What exclusives are coming out for 360 next year? i wanna know so i can start rumours like they're gonna be delayed, they will be timed exclusives, or just make the bold statement that they will flop!

anybody know any games coming for 360 that are exlcusive next year? i havent heard about any good games.?

I heard from a site that gears of war 2 will be out for ps3!

do i remind you of someone? maybe a 360 owner saying stuff like MGS4 will be out for 360?

Around the Network

the most interesting question to me is..

"E3. The big hand has been played, Smash, Mario, Zelda, Wii Sports, Wii Fit. What else does Nintendo have up its sleeve?"

@ benga benga

Wow, you realize that shooters don't appeal to PS2 owners. It never really had a very successful FPS (like halo or gears). That completely pulled out of thin air.

@ slimebeast

Heavenly Sword was NOT a disaster. Its likely broken even by now. 600k+ sold isn't bad at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.