By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 44

kowenicki said:
ioi said:
thx1139 said:
ioi said:

Yes, 20k for UK alone, will be more like 40-50k for Europe but I can definitely see a couple of million in 12 months if not more.

You dont think that there is any chance that the early sales had a good deal to do with Nintendo faithful Nostalgia purchases?   If that is the case I would say that the sales are lukewarm at best.  Especially in UK where I think they would eat 007 games up.

I run a gaming site and GoldenEye N64 is my 2nd favourite game of all time and I'd forgotten it came out last week. No ads here at all. I'll be picking it up sometime between now and Christmas like I imagine most will... it hasn't had anywhere near the level of hype or awareness that New Vegas, Medal of Honor etc had (which are much more frontloaded games by their nature).

I've seen the ad for goldeneye on TV quite a bit and i'd also suggest the internet hype as been quite high, not to downplay the sales, just to clarify.

i second that.

Around the Network
bluthunder said:

Australian PS3 sales pass the one million mark in the past week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/head-goes-over-in-qc/story-fn6bfm6w-1225948526032

So combined with New Zealand overall sales are over 1150k.

kowenicki said:
ioi said:
kowenicki said:
ioi said:

Ah ok my bad - I meant that I hadn't seen any ads here for it personally. But then I don't personally watch much TV (especially this weekend as it was my birthday) so that is probably why I hadn't seen any myself. I should be more clear when mixing personal experience with hard data.

I haven't personally seen a single ad anywhere for Goldeneye (TV, websites) but on a more global level from what I've heard the total ad spend is very small (and to add some more personal experience - VGChartz was pitched for campaigns initially in the UK / US for example but didn't make it). The expectation is that they will be initiating a new spend over the holidays after the initial launch spend.

No worries and happy birthday... thats the only excuse I can accept for no early kinect numbers! 

I'm actually still waiting on data since I want to make sure we get it totally right...

not even a  hint for us???

No, you don't deserve it.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Spain October bestsellers

RK PEGI Título Plataforma
1 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 PS3
2 FIFA 11 PS3
3 FORMULA 1 2010 PS3
4 FIFA 11 XBOX360
5 FIFA 11 PS2
6 WII PARTY WIIMOTE WHITE WII
7 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 XBOX360
8 FIFA 11 PSP
9 MEDAL OF HONOR PS3
10 FORMULA 1 2010 XBOX360

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41776/Black-Ops-sets-new-UK-day-1-record

MCV can reveal that new Call of Duty beats previous record holder Modern Warfare 2 by 22 per cent

Call of Duty: Black Ops has sold an incredible 1.4m units over just one day in the UK, UKIE/GfK Chart-Track told MCV.

That’s £58m in revenue.

It marks the biggest day one performance of any game, comfortably beating last year’s Modern Warfare 2 by 14 per cent in units and 22 per cent in revenue.

Last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 shifted 1.23m units during the same period, generating £47.7m in revenue.

Yesterday, Activision announced Call of Duty: Black Ops had become the biggest entertainment launch of all time across the UK and US, selling 5.6m units and generating $360m across both countries.

Around the Network

Wow. I didn't expect Black Ops to do that well!

VGChartz also said the game sold 1.4m in UK! Perfect!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21372

Nintendo announce Mario Kart Wii bundle for Europe

A month after releasing the limited edition red Wii bundle in October, Nintendo is getting ready to release a special Mario Kart Wii bundle to celebrate the plumber's 25th anniversary.

The limited edition black Wii bundle will be released across Europe on 26 November and will include a black console, a copy of Mario Kart Wii, a black Nunchuk, a black Wii wheel and Wii Sports.

Germany

Media Control hat die aktuellen Software-Verkaufscharts aus Deutschland veröffentlicht. Diese beziehen sich auf die Woche vom 1. - 6. November 2010:

Platz

Titel

System

Wii Party inkl. Wii Remote

Wii

Professor Layton und die verlorene Zukunft

NDS

FIFA 11

PS3

Fable III

Xbox 360

Art Academy

NDS

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

PS3

Wii Fit Plus inkl. Balance Board

Wii

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Wii

09. (Neu)

Pokemon Ranger: Spuren des Lichts

NDS

New Super Mario Bros.

NDS

http://www.dutchcharts.nl/game_charts.asp?system=xbox360

Week 45

umm...kinect launch not good in Netherlands

All

# VW W Titel MIJ
1 1
CALL OF DUTY/BLACK OPS (PS3) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
2 1
CALL OF DUTY/BLACK OPS (XBOX 360) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
3 1
CALL OF DUTY/BLACK OPS (PC) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
4 1
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 (PC) SEGA
5 2 5
WII PARTY (Wii) NINTENDO
6 1
KINECT ADVENTURES (XBOX 360) MICROSOFT
7 5 3
PROFESSOR LAYTON/LOST FUTURE (DS) NINTENDO
8 4 7
FIFA 11 (PS3) ELECTRONIC ARTS
9 1 2
FABLE 3 (XBOX 360) MICROSOFT
10 1
FARMING SIMULATOR 2011 (PC) EXCALIBUR

Ooh, yeah not so good. Although the charts for the bigger countries like France, Germany, and the UK will give us a better barometer of success. I'm slightly surprised Black Ops (PS3) is ahead of BO (360). Isn't the Netherlands one of the few regions in Europe where 360 competes pretty evenly with PS3? I would have figured 360's console bundle would have given it a slight edge. No NSMB to be found on the chart. The red wii has launched there, right?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4