By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS TOURNAMENT - Episode 3 : Revenge Of The Sith (Rate it!)

7/10

Pros:

"Battle of the Heroes" by John Williams
Maybe it was the music, but I really really enjoyed the Anakin vs Obi-Wan battle.
I liked it when General Grevious spun his lightsabers around...
Execute order 66 actually evoked some emotion. Finally!

Cons:

Wasted the excellent character of Count Dooku just to replace him with some hack-job android General.
Speaking of Grevious, I do remember how awesome he was in Clone Wars Khuutra. Such a disappointment.
The Anakin and Padme scene where they're on the balcony. Such. Awkward. Dialogue.
That annoying lizard thing and the noises it made.
Why do battle droids have personalities now? When did this happen?!
Calling children "younglings".

Around the Network

Eh, it's the best of the prequels but it's still not exactly good.

It still had a lot of the problems of the previous ones where the battles just had too much going on and lacked any sort of character.  I remember being bored at the laughably stupid Grievous scene and just how stupid the concept of him was.  The Anakin and Obi-Wan fight could have been cool if it didn't last an hour.  How epic something is doesn't directly relate to the length.

Also more of the same terrible writing except instead of Lucas showing us he can't write love he just doesn't know how to kill people.  He could have killed Padme in sooooooo many different ways but he chose she lost the will to live.  Ugh.

The whole Anakin choosing between the two sides thing just felt so forced.  I'm glad at least we get to see Anakin change to the dark side but for all these incredibly wise people everywhere, it's amazing they can't see the largest things coming.  Still though, at least the plot of this movie made some sense I guess.

Seeing Palpatine change was alright and probably could have been cooler if I wasn't already bored by the time they got to it.  Anakin's change could have been cool too if they didn't make him so emo.

Overall, 4/10

10/10

The best Star Wars movie!

Episode 2's disappointment was there....so it could always have not been good.

However all my fears were put to rest....the opening itself was so epic.....the combination of special, effects, scale and music gave us the best opening in a Star Wars movie ever!

There were chears in the theatre when the two jedi fighters came out on to the space battlefield {I was smiling like an idiot when that happened}, I had only heard cheers for yoda opening his lightsaber in Episode 2 thus far...

There was a real sense of urgency and a sense of foreboding throughout the movie. Everyone in the cinema hall knew what was going to happen....everyone.

Other highlights of the movie include:

- The whole scene before Mace windu confronts Palpatine......the whole music thing with Anakin/Padme....it was obvious what a dilemna Anakin was in at the point, and John williams ever fantastic soundtrack made us sure of his throughts.

- Then the whole Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious....Mace Windu's death (gave me chills).....Palpatine's transformation into the Emperor along with the music and his order's given tot he newly christened Darth Vader (Hayden acted very well in the scene....but was overshadowed by McDiarmid excellent acting.

- Then of course one of the most emotional scenes ever

The entire order 66 sequence was very very moving.  (and the scene before it with anakin marching into the temple)

The hope of the galaxy had been destroyed....and it was so awesome seeing Yoda realize this slowly and cutting the clonetroopers heads off.....but after that we see the last of the Jedi in the temple being killed.....and the children (a scene not done well lol).

From that scene on the movie never stopped being one of the best things ever.

The absolute peak was Yoda Vs sidious

I really think that was the big surprise of Episode 3.....we knew anakin/obi-wan were gonna fight....their fight was advertised through posters and what not.....but the Palpatine/Yoda fight was even better than it. In fact when the fights were like cut in between to show the other one....I always wanted the Anakin/Obi-Wan bit to end to see how the Yoda/Sidious fight progresses!!!

Especially when Palpatine was throwing the compartments in the senate hall on Yoda....basically signifying the death of Democracy.....telling Yoda and the audience what he had done to the republic.....evil had conquered!

I remember the audience clapping at the start of this fight. Epic duel!!!!

Next after all the fights Anakin's conversion to Darth Vader in conjuction with the scene with Padme's death....and when they put the mask on Anakin....pin drop silence was there in the audience till we heard the first breath!

Padme's death was very sad too....especially her funeral where she had that locket on her that anakin made for her in Episode 1.....and the fake pregnant stomach.

The ending was fitting....we saw the Emperor and Darth Vader oberlooking the construction of the Death Star...which apparently took 20 years to build.

Very few bad things about this movie include the "Nooo" at the end of what could have been the best scene ever, Padme's death..why did she die? Surely they could have just said when anakin gripped her and she fell which led to internal bleeding..or something like that...

A fantastic movie that redeemed Star Wars for my dad....made sure I stayed a fan and it was the only Star Wars movie to see a rise in Box Office collections over its predecessor so the world agreed too!

I have to date never had a better experience at the cinema's than I had while watching this film.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great! Because of this topic I went back and rewatched the biggest part of Chapter 20 of the Clone Wars.

Mind you this video is not the whole thing, but it's the vast majority of it:

Two things come to mind, watching this.

1. Gennedy Tartakovsky is waaaaay better at tension than George Lucas is (which is kind of to be expected I guess)

2. Gennedy Tartakovsky is waaaaay better at lightsaber combat choreography than George Lucas is. Everything looks like a fight instead of a dance!

Man, the Clone Wars microseries was far and away the best thing about the prequels.

7/10

Compared to every other Star Wars movie, it's the 4th best one.

Compared to every other movie in the universe... it's OK.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Great! Because of this topic I went back and rewatched the biggest part of Chapter 20 of the Clone Wars.

Mind you this video is not the whole thing, but it's the vast majority of it:

Two things come to mind, watching this.

1. Gennedy Tartakovsky is waaaaay better at tension than George Lucas is (which is kind of to be expected I guess)

2. Gennedy Tartakovsky is waaaaay better at lightsaber combat choreography than George Lucas is. Everything looks like a fight instead of a dance!

Man, the Clone Wars microseries was far and away the best thing about the prequels.

{extended cackle}

Better scenes are present in episode 2, let alone 1 or 3

darthdevidem01 said:

{extended cackle}

Your opinion don't mean nothing here, Darth

6/10 ~ I know a lot of people enjoyed Episode III, but once again I found the performaces by the actors to be god awful and the plot and sequencing of said plot were elementary. Even worse then that was the dialog in the script which was just so bad (at least there was no 'whoopieee'). Again though, the film had excellent production values and the cinematography for a film that featured so much CGI was pretty solid.

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

{extended cackle}

Faith in the clone wars series misplaced may be, as is your faith in the original trilogy side of the force!

darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

Faith in the clone wars series misplaced may be, as is your faith in the original trilogy side of the force!

I'll give you one thing, darth: you're definitely consistent.