By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up ! 30th Oct. 2010

D-Joe said:

is The Force Unleashed II flopped?

The game opened at about a third of the opening of the original on 360.

Half the original on PS3...

And.

A tenth of the original on Wii. lol

Around the Network

Look how great Castlevania's legs are. Told y'all!

And I am super glad we are tracking the new Buzz! game.

PS3 gets a 14K boost over last week due to the Holiday's.

360 gets a 26K boost over last week due to the Holiday's and Fable 3.

Wii gets a 32K boost over last week due to the Holiday's and Red Wii.

With America I expect the Wii and 360 to gain a decent amount on the PS3 though PS3 should still be #1 for the week but the gap between them will shrink.

*Sound Of Rain said:

With America I expect the Wii and 360 to gain a decent amount on the PS3 though PS3 should still be #1 for the week but the gap between them will shrink.

In Japan PS3 gets a 10k boost (Wii and 360 down 1k)... so US will decide this week but the gap must not vary more than 10k of which was seen last week.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

1. Its not a success...neither it is a flop. It sold...well.

2. TFU 1 was a not so great game...So I guess most people weren't as hyped for this as that.

3. TFU 2 is a not so great game too....

Actually, TFU was a pretty great good game.

Edit: Why is there a "strike out" option if it doesn't work?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
D-Joe said:

is The Force Unleashed II flopped?

The game opened at about a third of the opening of the original on 360.

Half the original on PS3...

And.

A tenth of the original on Wii. lol

Stop it!

Your all conspiring against Star Wars.... conspiring against It I say!!!!!!!!

Leave it alone!

WOW @ PS3!!!!!

Awesome stuff

@Boutros

I agree....Kojima-San proves he can sell once again!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ethomaz said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

In Japan PS3 gets a 10k boost (Wii and 360 down 1k)... so US will decide this week but the gap must not vary more than 10k of which was seen last week.

Last week the PS3 was 55K ahead of the Wii and 58K ahead of the 360. In Others PS3 gained 14K, 360 gained 26K, and Wii gained 32K which means that 360 gained 12K on PS3 this week and Wii gained 18K on PS3 this week. Through in Japan and your right but the 360 and Wii should still gain on PS3. With Kinect and Red Wii coming soon and G.T.5 no where to be seen the Wii and 360 should continue to gain on PS3.

hentai_11 said:
EMEAA Software Totals
ConsoleWeekly (change)Total (tie ratio)
Wii 1,281,800 ( 41%) 170,528,367 (5.83)
X360 1,259,856 ( 51%) 108,610,446 (6.22)
PS3 1,149,206 ( 20%) 113,903,576 (6.02)
DS 677,223 ( 6%) 150,435,742 (2.72)
PSP 199,681 ( 37%) 34,900,064 (1.33)
PS2 157,091 ( 45%) n/a
PC 108,528 ( 31%) n/a
Total4,833,385( 31%)  

I think it's somehow strange, that the DS & PS3, which sell the most hardware, don't sell the most software ...

Not really.  It's all about what SW is releasing that week for which system.  So, while the DS and PS3 have strong baseline demand - i.e people just deciding to get the HW and maybe some of the more popular titles - in a quiet week in terms of new releases they'll see weaker software sales.

It happens to all the platforms it just depends when you look.  So when, say, Monster Hunter releases on PSP in Japan for that week the handheld shows crazy SW sales.  This week Fable 3 is boosting 360 SW sales for example.

You need to really look at which platforms are getting SW driving titles launching and whether they are exclusive or not, after which it all becomes obvious.

For example, when GT5 releases it's a sure thing PS3 SW will spike.  Earlier this year we saw Reach spike 360.

Also, handhelds, apart from certain titles, tend to show less front loaded sales on titles and due to a typically broader ownership demographic sales tend to spread over more titles.  That's the norm anyway for handhelds vs consoles although it can vary by title a bit.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

CGI-Quality said:

PS3 really has taken over this market, which isn't too shocking really. This is usually where Sony does best. The gap will likely be as big, if not bigger than last week, depending on America.

No, the gap should shrink a little this week because in Others Wii and 360 gained but Japan will even it out...and in America Wii and 360 should both be higher than PS3. This should happen but might not because people may wait for the Kinect bundle and Red Wii in America.

Also yes, the PS3 is actually doing very well and more than I expected it to do but I still see it #3 by a good amount this Holiday but in 2011 it should have a huge comeback against the 360 and may even be #2 in worldwide sales by the end of 2011.

wow!!! the ps3 went from 3rd to now being "my console increased more weekly than ps3 even tho ps3 still on top" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS3 have definitly improved a lot!