By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-Play Supreme Court Coverage - Extended Ted Price Interview a must see

don't think its been posted yet

http://g4tv.com/videos/49582/X-Play-Supreme-Court-Coverage---Extended-Ted-Price-Interview/

Around the Network

Very good interview!

Nice find!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nice find :D at a lab now and not sure how the sound works here lol need to check it out for sure tho

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Great interview! Really nice find.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Wow awesome interview

Around the Network

The interview is good and I get where he's coming from because if this law passes it will affect game sales but he's exagerating the consequences to push people to react.

I have to admit I don't feel threatened by this law, mostly because I'm 30 years old and in Canada so I can buy whatever I want when I want but I don't believe publishers will stop making M rated games if it should pass. Even if they're labelled 18 in California.  Even if retailers can get fined for selling them to minors. Sure it will cut a bit in the sales but there's so many gamers over 18 that they'll still make good money (also let's not forget parents buying them for their underaged kids).

It's illegal to sell cigarettes and alcohol to minor in Canada and there's HUGE fines if they get caught doing it but that doesn't discourage retailers from carying cigarettes and alcohol in their stores. The same thing would apply if this were to happen to games.

For the record, I do believe this law is pretty stupid and pointless.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The interview is good and I get where he's coming from because if this law passes it will affect game sales but he's exagerating the consequences to push people to react.

I have to admit I don't feel threatened by this law, mostly because I'm 30 years old and in Canada so I can buy whatever I want when I want but I don't believe publishers will stop making M rated games if it should pass. Even if they're labelled 18 in California.  Even if retailers can get fined for selling them to minors. Sure it will cut a bit in the sales but there's so many gamers over 18 that they'll still make good money (also let's not forget parents buying them for their underaged kids).

It's illegal to sell cigarettes and alcohol to minor in Canada and there's HUGE fines if they get caught doing it but that doesn't discourage retailers from carying cigarettes and alcohol in their stores. The same thing would apply if this were to happen to games.

For the record, I do believe this law is pretty stupid and pointless.

agreed on all points, but i am a little worried; we will wait and see.

That was a fantastic interview, and Ted Price always comes across as being one of the most intelligent developers in the world, but I can't help but think that he's overreacting a little.

Video games shouldn't be treated as illegal substances in a country where not even film ratings are legally enforced. Only the ESRB should be allowed to rate a game. A child's parents should have control over what the child plays. Those are the reasons why this isn't a good law.

But retailers aren't going to stop stocking "18"-rated games. Look at Modern Warfare 2 - a definite 18 right there, but a large retailer would have potentially made tens of millions of dollars in profit off that single game alone. Some of the best-selling games are the violent ones. Besides which, they still stock tobacco and alcohol, despite the fact that both substances are restricted.

The point he made about Ratchet burning to death in lava is a good one, though. What constitutes a "violent" game? Should R&C, one of the most mild and harmless games on the PS3, really be slapped with an 18 sticker?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The consensus seems to be nice find, so

Nice Find!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kantor said:

The point he made about Ratchet burning to death in lava is a good one, though. What constitutes a "violent" game? Should R&C, one of the most mild and harmless games on the PS3, really be slapped with an 18 sticker?

This, I would be shocked to find something like this going about if this new law will be pass around.

I mean something like this harmless in the game like falling in a lava/pit that was a mainstay in games since conception that's labeled "Everyone" suddenly get's rating of age 18 and up as well, clearly gives  double-standard a whole new meaning...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!