By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye IGN Review - And the Verdict is....

Color me surprised. Pleasantly surprised, that is.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

IGN's definitely surprises me.

However, GameInformer's is closer to what I expected, but still lower than I expected. I thought it would get a 7 at least:

http://gameinformer.com/games/goldeneye_007/b/wii/archive/2010/11/02/goldeneye-007-review.aspx

O_O that review was just non-stop bashing of the game, judging from those words, I'm suprised he didn't give the game a 4 or someting.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

However, GameInformer's is closer to what I expected, but still lower than I expected. I thought it would get a 7 at least:

http://gameinformer.com/games/goldeneye_007/b/wii/archive/2010/11/02/goldeneye-007-review.aspx

O_O that review was just non-stop bashing of the game, judging from those words, I'm suprised he didn't give the game a 4 or someting.

It's game informer.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's game informer.

I haven't read anything from them (now I'm glad I haven't), so from your comment, I take it they like to bash Wii games.

I suspected that when I saw that the reviewer managed to sneak in the word 'gimmick' among all of the vague or outlandish complaints.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's game informer.

I haven't read anything from them (now I'm glad I haven't), so from your comment, I take it they like to bash Wii games.

I suspected that when I saw that the reviewer managed to sneak in the word 'gimmick' among all of the vague or outlandish complaints.

Theyre notorious for being against many highly regarded Wii games. I canceled my subscription when it got to the point that Super Smash Bros Brawl was called a flop, and NMH was given a 6. IF it has anything to do with the Wii, i wouldnt trust GI....then again i wouldnt trust most other media with reviews anyway, be them Wii or otherwise.

Around the Network

the game informer review is weird. Read a few paragraphs and stopped reading, the guy does not know how to criticise a game properly.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Yes Game Informer are notorious for hating the Wii and its pointer controls (even for Metroid Prime), wash those nasty words away with another good review.

Gaming Nexus review:

Quote:
Instead of standing in the original GoldenEye's shadow, Eurocom has created a brand new game that is just as compelling and addictive as the original. An expertly produced story mode and an engrossing multiplayer make the new GoldenEye one of the best experiences on any console this holiday. Round up your friends and get ready to get hooked all over again, GoldenEye 007 is back.

Score: A-

Voltaire said:
KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's game informer.

Theyre notorious for being against many highly regarded Wii games. I canceled my subscription when it got to the point that Super Smash Bros Brawl was called a flop, and NMH was given a 6. IF it has anything to do with the Wii, i wouldnt trust GI....then again i wouldnt trust most other media with reviews anyway, be them Wii or otherwise.

It's not just the Wii. Sometimes their reviews can boggle the mind. The recent Alien Vs Predator got mixed reviews, but, unless I'm mistaken, the GI review complained that the Predators had to use stealth.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

melbye said:

And in other news IGN gives Blood Stone a 5

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1131346p1.html

well look on the bright side they have better graphic :D lol

can't wait for Golden Eye this friday!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It is funny that IGN gave Goldeneye a 9.0 and BloodStone a 5.0

and Gameinformer gave Goldeneye a 6.5 and BloodStone a 7.5,

I will wait for gametrailers and hope for a VGChartz review.