By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rock Band 3? Flop? The death of a genre?

These are the first week number for RB3 in the UK:

5318 Xbox 360 copies, 1555 PS3 copies and 295 Wii copies.

This is terrible by any measure. I was actually looking forward to this game but I might wait because prices are going to fall like a rock after the holidays. I could see stores being stuck with tons on inventory for instruments.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

thats what happens when you release the same damn thing year after year. Good, I hope this happens to the sports and FPS genres

1.) The gap between Rock Band 3 and Rock Band 2 is more than a year

2.) I think this is more about saturation than comsumer apathy.  There's only so many guitars and so many songs before you just stick with last year's title.

Pixel Art can be fun.

oniyide said:

thats what happens when you release the same damn thing year after year. Good, I hope this happens to the sports and FPS genres

its not really the same, they added lots of features and were risking new ideas like the " play with real guitars" thing, i myself been looking forward to it, but waiting till it get a little cheaper.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

295 Wii copies is ridiculously bad. You could probably release a potty training game and sell more copies. That is a slap in the face, sock to the gut, knee to the groin, all at once.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

You guys don't even know it has real instrumentals now? It is must have! But whole set costs around 500€ here..

Take my love, take my land..

Grimes said:

295 Wii copies is ridiculously bad. You could probably release a potty training game and sell more copies. That is a slap in the face, sock to the gut, knee to the groin, all at once.

Hmm..Thats our Wii.

Take my love, take my land..

@severance  IMHO that should have been done a while ago. I think at this point people just are not interested. The real guitar thing is great. I also love DJ Hero but Activison waited to long, that should have came out at the height of the genre's popularity, now good games will flop due to over saturation

Simulacrum said:
Grimes said:

Hmm..Thats our Wii.

It's not like the PS3 is lighting it up either. Even the 360 numbers are pathetic. That being said, MTV/Harmonix totally neglected the Wii in past versions, so I guess it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

Its a great game imo, a shame it flopped like there is no tomorrow.