By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

mundus6 said:
PS3beats360 said:

PS3 will join the PS2 and PS1 and become the third Play Station console system that will go on and sell 100 million console systems ltd. PS3 keeps on selling and selling.

PS3 after 4 years  on the market had sold 40 million console systems. Averaging 10 million per year. PS1 after its first 4 years on the market had sold around 40 million console systems. PS3 is selling on pace with the PS1. 

The console market has grown. competition is now stronger. The 7th console generation could see Wii and PS3 both sell over 100 million console systems in the same console generation a world first. 

PS3 is guaranteed to sell 100 million console systems this generation. PS3 is a Play Station console system  and that guarantees success. 

Its Playstation not Play Station for a fanboy you should know that. Also i'm not saying its impossible for PS3 to sell 100 million, so lets say it does; then how much do you think 360 will sell? Since it sure as hell wont sell a lot less, it could even sell more. So either its only Wii over 100 million consoles, or all 3.

Wii  will sell 120 million console systems. X360  will sell around 70 million console systems. 

I predict the PS3 to sell 100 million console systems. PS3 will comfortably finish in second place and at least 20 million in front of the X360. 

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
mundus6 said:
PS3beats360 said:

PS3 will join the PS2 and PS1 and become the third Play Station console system that will go on and sell 100 million console systems ltd. PS3 keeps on selling and selling.

PS3 after 4 years  on the market had sold 40 million console systems. Averaging 10 million per year. PS1 after its first 4 years on the market had sold around 40 million console systems. PS3 is selling on pace with the PS1. 

The console market has grown. competition is now stronger. The 7th console generation could see Wii and PS3 both sell over 100 million console systems in the same console generation a world first. 

PS3 is guaranteed to sell 100 million console systems this generation. PS3 is a Play Station console system  and that guarantees success. 

Its Playstation not Play Station for a fanboy you should know that. Also i'm not saying its impossible for PS3 to sell 100 million, so lets say it does; then how much do you think 360 will sell? Since it sure as hell wont sell a lot less, it could even sell more. So either its only Wii over 100 million consoles, or all 3.

Wii  will sell 120 million console systems. X360  will sell around 70 million console systems. 

I predict the PS3 to sell 100 million console systems. PS3 will comfortably finish in second place and at least 20 million in front of the X360. 

And you are basing this on what? I can also pull numbers out of my ass you know. Playstation is a strong brand, but lets look at N64 for example, sales sucked compared to Snes and lets not forget the GC it lost to Xbox which was the newcomer. And now Wii is owning, if this gen has showed me anything it is that everything could still happen.

Ps2 only did so well it did cause of all the casual gamers, guess which train they are on now? Yeah the Wii wagon, hell more of them are on 360 now than PS3, cause of Kinect.

Lts are hard to estimate, but i think only Wii will break 100 million. Unless both consoles get a 10 year life cycle.

nightsurge said:
PS3beats360 said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but Playstation 1 after 4 years was at 71 million worldwide...

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html

December 31, 1995 to December 31, 1999 = 71.82 million

Ahh so Wii is tracking roughly 12M ahead of PS1 at this stage.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

PS3beats360 said:
Squilliam said:

But the PS3 is already in first place, in your heart. Is this not enough?

PS3 has a chance at finishing in first place. I say: "Yes we can". 
Time will reveal all and  the PS3 may eventually sneak into first place. 

Spoken like a total fanboi.(go back into the woodwork mkay?)  Keep throwing around your silly unbalanced numbers around...there is no WAY PS3 catches WII and there are several things to be said for them probably not only not catching x360 but falling further behind.

This gen is well over half over and I personally think that the current trend of hardware sales slowing/dropping off will continue due to market saturation.

PS3beats360 said:
mundus6 said:
PS3beats360 said:

I predict that PS3 will sell 11ty million billion consoles due to my obvious lack of use of common sense that you're using in your silly thread.

Did you happen to see that hardware sales have been slowing all year.  Are you aware that none of your numbers even come close to matching any actual industry expects predictions.

Maybe you should keep your posts on PS3FanBoi.com?  You irk those of us here who exist in the real world.

Did you even see that the PS3 is getting its ass spanked by x360 even though ps3 had its main title GT5 just released?

Around the Network

PS3 in first place, dude It's very unlikely, The move hasnt become the pusher Sony was hoping, I predict the Wii will come out on top again followed by 360

Jay520 said:

Say what you want to say about this guy, but I admire his faith.

Yeah, and I have faith the the Wii will sell a billion units. There's a certain point where you've gotta draw the line between faith and insanity.

noname2200 said:
dorbin2009 said:

Racing games don't push systems. Neither do 99 percent of other games.

In light of recent and older data, I'm extremely curious to hear how you can say this with a straight face.

Which statement? Racing games or other games?

Juma009 said:

I think Sony expected a bigger reaction with the "Move", it didn't stick tho.

Yeah, there really is no way around it. Move has been a disappointment sales wise for Sony. Furhter, it has the potential to be an outright dud a half year from now. Sales certainly aren't keeping strong, that is for sure, and I think any public mindshare Move has is quickly evaporating in the wake of the Kinect Tsunami.

Eddie_Raja said:

I think this is "possible" but unlikely (like a 10% chance at best).  Second place is guaranteed for PS3, but first?  Idk.

Please let us know how PS3 is guaranteed 2nd place? 360 looks like it has a very good chance to remain in 2nd through the end of this generation's lifecycle.