By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

PS3 fans are deluded. The PS3 is 36 millions behind the Wii and it is growing again and again. It really has no chance to outsell the Wii.

The Wii will pass 100 millions while PS3 would be extremely lucky to reach 70 millions.

Around the Network

PS3 will easily finish in second place. It might just have what it takes to pull back the Wii and push its way towards first place. I have not given up hope on the PS3 winning the 7th generation console sales war. 

PS3beats360 said:

PS3 will easily finish in second place. It might just have what it takes to pull back the Wii and push its way towards first place. I have not given up hope on the PS3 winning the 7th generation console sales war. 

You don't realize how absurd it is? The PS3 is failing since years to cover a few millions gaps with the 360 and now it is going to cancel a 36 millions (and more each weeks) gap?

PS3beats360 said:

i'd like to see your math on that one lol.  The absurd graph you would have to do on that one would be funny.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lucas-Rio said:
PS3beats360 said:

You don't realize how absurd it is? The PS3 is failing since years to cover a few millions gaps with the 360 and now it is going to cancel a 36 millions (and more each weeks) gap?

PS3 has around 6 year left on the market and plenty of time to reduce the sales deficit between itself and the Wii. Do not be surprised if the PS3 ends up in front of the Wii by the end of 2016. The PS3 has a 10 year console life span. 

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
PS3beats360 said:

PS3 has around 6 year left on the market and plenty of time to reduce the sales deficit between itself and the Wii. Do not be surprised if the PS3 ends up in front of the Wii by the end of 2016. The PS3 has a 10 year console life span. 

The PS3 will be completely dead when his successor will be released around 2012.

PS3 sales are way too weak to hope reaching the Wii. It is over. Get over it. Nintendo totally dominated Sony this generation. It was a beating.

Lucas-Rio said:
PS3beats360 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
PS3beats360 said:

The PS3 will be completely dead when his successor will be released around 2012.

PS3 sales are way too weak to hope reaching the Wii. It is over. Get over it. Nintendo totally dominated Sony this generation. It was a beating.

At least the PS3 is comfortably outselling the 360 when we align the console systems from their respected launches. PS3 over its first 4 years is selling 20% faster than the 360 did in its first 4 years on the market. We go by aligned sales launches and the PS3 has a 7 million lead over the 360 when comparing first 4 years. 

Ignore the head to head sales that show 5 year old XBox 360 has sold 4 million more than 4 year old PS3. Aligning console sales from their respected launches makes it fair.

PS3 7 million in front of the 360 looks much better than PS3 trailing the 360 by 4 million. 

Are u serios thinking that nintendo, not will launch a new system beforer 2016---LOL..  they will most likely show the next gen 2011 and release in 2012..

"Wii" all know that nintendo was dominatet last gen, and becourse of that they took there idea, and put it in a camecube 1,5... As u seen whit 3ds... nintendeo now believes...:)  and therefor... do not expext nothing else but a monster for next gen ( like nindeo allways do.. not whit wii.. but else)

SO.. PS3 will be outdatet beforer 2013...  and sony will be f.ckt... becourse we all know that it's first now, that sony are starting to pay back the big bills from 2005-2008..

So almost 100 percent... they will not win this gen.. and in next gen..  they start in the back again.... OR sony shareholders say stop....   (or join apple, google, virgin...:)

We will have to see... but remember.. if sony wins this ( i don't think so... but if..)... it's meaning that they loose the next bigtime.. (or simply skip a generation)

PS3beats360 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
PS3beats360 said:

The PS3 does not have a 10 year console life span unless the market says so, with their wallets. Just because Sony goes around claiming that it will last 10 years, doesn't mean it will. If anything, the Wii will be the one that sells for 10 years, as it is trending similar (in fact ahead) of the PS2, which has also lasted 10 years.

The PS3 will NOT,  I repeat, will NOT pass the Wii. It CANNOT happen. Just drop it already.

By the time PS3 goes up in 2nd place (if ever) the next Xbox and PS4 will already be here. It will NEVER be in first place, even if Wii dropped dead in 2011 it will still remain in first place for the rest of the gen.