By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

It only does miracles!

Around the Network
TheFogOfWar said:
LivingMetal said:

PS3 will not finish in first.  Ever!  Just get over it, and enjoy it.  It's an awesome gaming console.

Sony does not kill hardware, they will continue selling it after its succesor is out.

And it is awesome hardware, thats why it can climb to #1

Well, that might be a possibility so I see where you are coming from.  But still why does the PS3 have to be first to be  arguably the best gaming console with some of the best software and features?  I doesn't.  In fact if we didn't know of hardware sales, you would have thought that the PS3 was in first given its software support.  Nice stuff.

There is a reason its called PS3....

It will be the first console to finish First but in third place.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yeah the Wii has peaked but its beating the PS3 so far this Christmas season. 

I don't think PS3 will be able to consistently outsell Wii and 360 until it drops to $199. When that happens PS3 will really start the comeback. But that probably won't be till Fall 2011 if we're lucky and by then its only about a year till Wii 2, Xbox 720 and the PS4 are coming out. 

Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:

There is a reason its called PS3....

Wow that was really lame. Even though I agree the PS3 will be 3rd or at best 2nd...that was lame.

Wow, this discussion is a pure pipe dream and speculation.. IF IF IF .. It'll be lucky to tie the 360 at this rate by the end of those two consoles lives ( about 3, 4 more years ), if anyone thinks it'll catch the Wii you're completely a mindless fanboy

Fact: PS3 has closed the gap on the 360 by 2 million since it launched. 360 started with a 6 million head start over the PS3.

Aligning consoles from their respected launches the PS3 is around 7 million in front of the 360. PS3 is closing the gap on the 360 and it will over take the 360 in 2011 in total lifetime sales. 

Darc Requiem said:

It's 2010 and people are still posting this nonsense. Jeez.

I think it'll be posted even in 2025, when the PS3 and Wii are both no longer being produced

I love how people seem to think that the PS3 will be this magical console that will sell endlessly and never age. I don't know what it is about that console that makes everyone think it'll just never die. I guess it's the fact that it has such powerful hardware, but if this gen (and basically every other gen) should teach any lesson, it's that stronger hardware in NO WAY equals stronger sales, in fact, it's often the opposite.

I guess PS3 fans find it hard to let go of the PS2 days when Sony owned all competition, which I understand, but come on, the past is the past. You are talking about an insurmountable lead, and a whopping 4 years into the console's life. You might as well say that the Dreamcast will outsell the Xbox 360. Man, it must be nice to be so delusionally optimistic..