By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro 2033 = most underrated FPSOTY, Halo Reach = most overrated FPSOTY

Metro got what it deserved

Halo got the same meta as Killzone 2 :p

I'd say Halo might deserve a little less sales though

Around the Network

Metro 2033 looks godly on the PC, specially if you know you to tune it a bit. Is a quite decent FPS too - and have I mentioned about the lack of a deja vu feeling?

it closed Pandemic which isn't good 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

non-gravity said

I'd say Halo might deserve a little less sales though

It deserves to sell less? Like a few 100K... maybe a few million less?

Its a great game with a lot of replay value. Its well worth the money.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ishiki said:

Haven't played halo.... because I don't like them in general

Metro's good, so far I got it on steam deal... but it got and 81 on meta, and I'd give it an 80-85... Haven't finished it yet, but so far wouldn't call it underrated... but some of the stealth ideas like disolitude says don't work like they should.

Pretty much this. I played Metro 2033 on PC and it was good and has it's moment, but I think it's scores correctly reflect its quality. Not sure on Halo Reach but I don't think much of all the Halos to be honest. Reach had me interested though.

Around the Network
mchaza said:

i dont understand the connection?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

halo reach is a little overrated. it deserves 85 max

MrBubbles said:
mchaza said:

i dont understand the connection?

Pandemic studios made this game, but since it flopped hard

EA cut the plug and shut it down because The Sabotage and Metro 2033 but flopped and EA cut the plug 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Metro 2033 is extremely underrated. When you compare the campaigns (I never played Reach multi-player), Metro completely blows Reach away. I actually enjoyed some parts of it better than Bioshock. The gameplay was great, I didn't find any of the bugs that people are mentioning and the voice-acting is great. It's an 8 hour atmospheric experience, with some interesting design quirks and it look's really good (played on 360). If someone can give it a rent, then try it.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Agreed. I think it's the FPS to hit the market in many many years. It implemented many innovative ideas (and well, people who think stealth is broken really havent learned the mechanic, once youget the hang of it it works perfectly fine, same with shooting), and it looks amazing to boot.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835