By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro 2033 = most underrated FPSOTY, Halo Reach = most overrated FPSOTY

vlad321 said:

Agreed. I think it's the FPS to hit the market in many many years. It implemented many innovative ideas (and well, people who think stealth is broken really havent learned the mechanic, once youget the hang of it it works perfectly fine, same with shooting), and it looks amazing to boot.

TRUTH!

Around the Network
mchaza said:

Pandemic studios made this game, but since it flopped hard

EA cut the plug and shut it down because The Sabotage and Metro 2033 but flopped and EA cut the plug 

Pandemic closed in March(?) long before this game was released. This was developed by 4A Games and was published by THQ. Nothing to do with EA or Pandemic. 

Edit: Google says last November. Point still stands though. This game has nothing to do with Pandemic or EA

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

mchaza said:
MrBubbles said:
mchaza said:

it closed Pandemic which isn't good 

i dont understand the connection?

Pandemic studios made this game, but since it flopped hard

EA cut the plug and shut it down because The Sabotage and Metro 2033 but flopped and EA cut the plug 

Metro 2033 was developed by 4A Games and published by THQ. Hence, its not an EA game and it wasn't developed by Pandemic.

EA already planned to close down Pandemic even before The Saboteur was released.

For the record, Metro 2033 was not a bomb. THQ said it was very profitable for them and 4A Games is developing a sequel.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Some day I may actually get around to downloading it from my Steam queue when I want a good DX11 benchmark game. $13? Seriously.

There just wasn't much about this game that screamed "must play" and marketing (or lack of) may have played a big part in that.

non-gravity said:

Metro got what it deserved

Halo got the same meta as Killzone 2 :p

I'd say Halo might deserve a little less sales though

I'd say no game deserves less sales if the developers actually tried their hardest to make their game.

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:

Metro 2033 is extremely underrated. When you compare the campaigns (I never played Reach multi-player), Metro completely blows Reach away. I actually enjoyed some parts of it better than Bioshock. The gameplay was great, I didn't find any of the bugs that people are mentioning and the voice-acting is great. It's an 8 hour atmospheric experience, with some interesting design quirks and it look's really good (played on 360). If someone can give it a rent, then try it.

Hmmmm I might have to give Metro2033 a try (or buy it if its super cheap) when i'm done with all my current games.

I have metro for PC and I agree its a great game deserves more than what it got.....

All I know is I've absolutely despised every halo before reach, and I think reach is fantastic, I find invasion and head hunter to be great modes, about as good as the conduit's bounty hunter mode (really wish people would steal this mode idea, it deserves to be in less buggy multiplayer) so I would say it definitely isn't over rated as I think it is the best halo but the lowest rated

can't comment on metro 2033 as I haven't played it, but my brother has a tshirt of the complete moscow metro system so when I do pick up metro 2033 I'll be sure to have him stand next to me wearing it while I play  so I'll know where to go

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am sure i remember believing this game was an pandemic game 

my mistake 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Doobie_wop said:

Metro 2033 is extremely underrated. When you compare the campaigns (I never played Reach multi-player), Metro completely blows Reach away. I actually enjoyed some parts of it better than Bioshock. The gameplay was great, I didn't find any of the bugs that people are mentioning and the voice-acting is great. It's an 8 hour atmospheric experience, with some interesting design quirks and it look's really good (played on 360). If someone can give it a rent, then try it.

Metro2033 "blowing away" reach single player is crazy talk. Metro 2033 is a good game and it tries to implement a lot of elements in to its gameplay, but the actual gunplay of Metro 2033 isn't worth the hair on the ass of Halo reach.

The game is scripted as they come and a basic corridor shooter with somewhat basic and wonky gunplay controls. There isn't a single compelling big battle in Metro 2033, there is no vehicle combat, there is not terrain or weapon strategy what so ever (just get the big auto shotgun and youre set) and there really isn't a reason to play it twice once done with the story, which is the main reason to play the game (story is great).

Also, as far as other elements which are not found in halo, they are pretty much all borrowed from other games. It borrowed stealth from Stalker, atmosphere and scary moments from FEAR, narritive and structure from Half Life 2...

I've beaten Metro twice, once on 360 and once on PC with 3D vision and it is a worthwhile experience, but it is not underrated. Here is hoping they improve on Metro2034 and make it a true classic.

As far as halo reach, I stand by my statement from before... you can't buy a more complete FPS game right now