By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Vashyo said:
stopstopp said:

since I can't make a thread I thought it would be appropiate here.

So if the 360 has sold 44 million, then why did I see Major Nelson saying 42 million?

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/10/29/major-nelson-xbox-360-actually-sold-42-million-units/

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/10/29/1-billion-entertainment-hours-spent-on-xbox-live-every-month.aspx

I'm confused is that wrong or what?

Only contains the countries with XBL. Some countries MS sells to don't have XBL-support.

Ok that makes more sense, thanks.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Everybody on here is talking about PS3 sales(Which is fine) so I will mix things up...

Wii will return and dominate Holiday 2010! PS3 sales are nice and all but was I the only 1 who saw the 50K jump for the Wii this week?

I don't think the Wii will dominate the holiday. If anything, the 360 will. It has the upcoming momentum and marketing to really push the masses, of course which includes Kinect. I think the Wii will have a good holiday, but it will be down from previous years.

Pretty much, I might guess 360 winning by a good margin, than Wii, than Ps3 just behind the Wii.  I think.

The Wii will outsell the 360 this Holiday in America, Others, and japan.

Japan is a no brainer. EMEAA is likely but I'd give 360 a small outside chance of beating Wii, like 95/5. America 360 has a decent chance at winning, I'd say 40/60. And seriously, if you really think it's an automatic guarantee that the 360's advantage in America will negate PS3's advantage in EMEAA and Japan you need to look at weekly Americas sales again. After adjustments it's started to become very clear that Canada and Latin America are not helping 360 out at all. PS3 has even been beating 360 off and on in the region for the first half of the year. Not to mention the fact that even prior to the Move launch PS3 has been very close to 360 WW. It even edged out a victory on Madden week (by a measly 300 units but whatever). It's not just Move that's given PS3 it's current advantage, 360 is simply dying in continental Europe and Kinect isn't going to change that.

I can't see it any other way except for Wii>360>PS3 Holiday 2010. I don't only see PS3 in last but I see it in a distant #3.

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Everybody on here is talking about PS3 sales(Which is fine) so I will mix things up...

Wii will return and dominate Holiday 2010! PS3 sales are nice and all but was I the only 1 who saw the 50K jump for the Wii this week?

I don't think the Wii will dominate the holiday. If anything, the 360 will. It has the upcoming momentum and marketing to really push the masses, of course which includes Kinect. I think the Wii will have a good holiday, but it will be down from previous years.

Don't underestimate the combined power of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Micheal Jackson! Wii will also get a Holiday boost like it did this week for no reason at all.

Donkey Kong and Michael Jackson won'tdo much at all for system sales. Mario will have an impact but nowhere the amount it had in 2009.

And you said why the Wii got a boost, it's holiday time. That's the reason.

Yes I know we are in Holiday 2010 now but Wii was the only system with a big boost...which just helps my point that Wii will be #1 again this Holiday. Also every year people say that big games won't do much but they always do and it will be no different this year...Also Wii is cheaper and has a more varied lineup this Holiday. For PS3 if people don't like Move or racing games then what? For 360 if your not into Kinect then what? The Wii has a little bit for everybody and is loads cheaper. Remember America is in a recession so will parents want to buy a $400 PS3 Move...or what about a $300 360 Kinect...Wii is only $200 and comes with 2 games.

*Sound Of Rain said:
I can't see it any other way except for Wii>360>PS3 Holiday 2010. I don't only see PS3 in last but I see it in a distant #3.

Ok, now your just being ridiculous. Are you trying to be like Nintendogamer and predict stuff completely contrary to reality?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

*Sound Of Rain said:

Distant?

It's like you're purposely ignoring everything the PS3 has going for it.

• It's currently leading both consoles by over 50k 
  • It still has GT5/GT5 Bundles and whatever else they plan on bundling
  • It has the Japanese advantage over the 360
  • It has the EMEAA advantage over the 360 AND Wii

The only market it's lacking in really, is America. But even then... It's still putting up a reasonable fight. I don't see how it can possibly be in a "distant" 3rd place WW.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

I woke up and the first thing I wanted to do, before even washing my face, was check this thread.

LOL me too.  Its epic.  Im not gonna get involved in it anymore, I got me a special message warning :)

Tifa got MOVES!

*Sound Of Rain said:

You're kidding...right?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Don't underestimate the combined power of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Micheal Jackson! Wii will also get a Holiday boost like it did this week for no reason at all.

Donkey Kong and Michael Jackson won'tdo much at all for system sales. Mario will have an impact but nowhere the amount it had in 2009.

And you said why the Wii got a boost, it's holiday time. That's the reason.

Sadly, I think the Red Wii is going to be the system's biggest pusher in terms of releases.   Frankly, it's bizarre that Wii's had so few color choices, bundle choices and not a single remodel, considering what the competition have done in those areas (multiple colors, countless bundles, and a major remodel/rebranding for each), not to mention Nintendo themselves with the DS line (4 models and a veritable rainbow of colors to this point).  Hell, even GameCube and N64 had more options for consumers in their day.... I just don't understand it? :/

On the other hand, it's looking like Wii will be the only "single model" of hardware to ever pass 100m sold (though PS2 slim might make it too).

postofficebuddy said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Ok, now your just being ridiculous. Are you trying to be like Nintendogamer and predict stuff completely contrary to reality?

No, but I don't think it has as strong of a grip in Others and Japan as you think...PS3 will be way below in Holiday 2010 and G.T.5 can't do anything about it.

*Sound Of Rain said:
postofficebuddy said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

No, but I don't think it has as strong of a grip in Others and Japan as you think...PS3 will be way below in Holiday 2010 and G.T.5 can't do anything about it.

GT5 is too late in the year to do much anyway.  End of December for Japan now iirc, though GT isn't that big a deal in the region anyway.