By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
evolution_1ne said:
kowenicki said:
steverhcp02 said:
kowenicki said:
d21lewis said:

I didn't think that the PS3 would ever catch the 360.  Unless Kinect does what MS expects it to do, PS3 may just catch the 360 in 2011 (or 2012).   Color me impressed!

See this is how expectations change...

You will be impressed that the runaway market leader last gen has crawled into secoind place after 5 or 6 years on sale?   Most here, and many currently celebrating this recent adjustment - which still has it 3.9m behind, expected this within a year or so of the PS3 release.  

It will be an achievement of sorts yes... but impressivbe? hell no.

Whjats impressive is the market loser last gen, Ninty, has domintaed so far this gen and that MS has managed to build a profitable and worthy gaming business. 

but thats just my opinion...

Yes. Most logical grown ups take changing variables and not only taper expectations but progress in mind sets. So, some people try to diminish what is happening currently in reality by bringing up last gen to bring down current successes. These folks are living in the past and not progressing through reality with the variables of business and life. While others remember the train wreck that was the first 2 years of the PS3's life and see whats happening now and can appreciate the realize the tremendous recovery that was made.

Its not "flip flopping" its not "damage control" its a real life discussion. What the PS3 has been able to do is amazing in any market. To go from DOA and the numbers in japan, the losses of the division etc. to now posting quarterly profits and selling stronger than ever after falling flat on its face for 2 years is absolutely wonderful. Im commenting on this because its this weeks numbers.

Now, if we had a thread, and i cared enough about the 360, i would be saying the same thing for its long term prospect an dpicture. Who would have though the 360 would have sold over 50 million and still chuggin along after the xbox1? Its amazing what MSFT was able to do and theyre a part of the PS3 falling on its face by giving consumers a viable alternative and marginlizing the PS2 success. Anyways, im getting off track.

In summery, the weakest argument in the year 2010-2011 is still trying to bring up the PS2 success to diminish what the PS3 is doing now. Its so petty and pointless. It was 5 years ago, give it a rest, times have changed, i understand you want to keep bringing it up because it justifies your disdain but realistically its not a solid case anymore. This generation is not last generation.

I think it shows a lot about a poster when they bring up LAST GEN sales in a WW weekly sales topic. But thats just my opinion.

Thats a very wordy response... as ever..

And I can quite easily say that you only want to ignore the fall of the PS brand to suit your own purposes..  whose right? me or you?  maybe we both are?  Maybe you are relieved at its turnaround, perhaps more relieved than impressed?... doesnt alter the fact that the brand has fallen a great deal. 

It isnt sour grapes, it isnt damage control.. its just a fact.  Perhaps you dispute the fact that the brand isnt all powerful as it once was, perhaps you dispute the fact that it is an all mighty fall from grace.  Im sure Sony habe noticed and mind a great deal, even if its "fans" dont.

I guess it goes by definition of what you call success or failure. See me, for the playstation brand to be a failure, it would have to have the same launch as previous playstations and still FAIL hard, now that to me means Ms and Nintendo have done some damage, however that's now what happened did it. The ps3 launched at 600 dollars that 300 more than any console that has ever been market leader and 200 more than it's closet competitor, it has also been for this entire generation 200-100 dollars more than it's closet competitor, and it launched a full year and a half behind. some people call this mistake on Sony's part, me I call it destiny, and I think NEXT GEN is where the investment will pay off greatly, but the future is yet to be seen.

however back on point, for the ps3 to launch with so much against it and still do what it's doing, I call it success. and the brand actually didn't take a hit at all. Just becuase particular haters are short sighted in seeing the bigger picture, doesn't mean Sony....or it's fans don't.

side note: do you think if sony had enough ps3 to meet demand at launch they would still be in last place?

lol, I don't know about the rest of the world, but I know after our first shipment sold out on launch day here in the US, the second and third shipments of the ps3 just sat on the shelves.  It was freaking christmas time and nobody was buying.  So, basically I'd say they were definitely able to meet demand here in the states.  

Everybody on here is talking about PS3 sales(Which is fine) so I will mix things up...

Wii will return and dominate Holiday 2010! PS3 sales are nice and all but was I the only 1 who saw the 50K jump for the Wii this week?

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Everybody on here is talking about PS3 sales(Which is fine) so I will mix things up...

Wii will return and dominate Holiday 2010! PS3 sales are nice and all but was I the only 1 who saw the 50K jump for the Wii this week?

I don't think the Wii will dominate the holiday. If anything, the 360 will. It has the upcoming momentum and marketing to really push the masses, of course which includes Kinect. I think the Wii will have a good holiday, but it will be down from previous years.

Pretty much, I might guess 360 winning by a good margin, than Wii, than Ps3 just behind the Wii.  I think.

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I don't think the Wii will dominate the holiday. If anything, the 360 will. It has the upcoming momentum and marketing to really push the masses, of course which includes Kinect. I think the Wii will have a good holiday, but it will be down from previous years.

Don't underestimate the combined power of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Micheal Jackson! Wii will also get a Holiday boost like it did this week for no reason at all.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Pretty much, I might guess 360 winning by a good margin, than Wii, than Ps3 just behind the Wii.  I think.

Please describe to me how the 360 is going to dominate.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Kinect my friend.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
psrock said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Kinect my friend.

Kinect is going to sell amazing, I agree, but so did Halo Reach, so will  COD,  but I need to know how this Domination will happen.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

The Wii will outsell the 360 this Holiday in America, Others, and japan.

psrock said:
hatmoza said:
psrock said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Kinect my friend.

Kinect is going to sell amazing, I agree, but so did Halo Reach, so will  COD,  but I need to know how this Domination will happen.

Well we are all seeing how much of an effect MOVE seems to have had on PS3 sales in Europe

You can't help but think if Kinect has a similar effect on Xbox 360 sales then......it will dominate most probably.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey